Teacher: Career and Technology Education (Marine)
This posting creates a pool of candidates for future positions that may become available.
Provides for instruction of students by developing, selecting, and modifying instructional plans and materials and presenting them using instructional techniques which meet the needs of all students. Provides an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of students. Supervises students in a variety of school-related settings and activities. Attends school meetings, programs and activities outside the instructional day.
- Creates a classroom environment that provides for student involvement in the learning process and enables each student to achieve learning objectives.
- Establishes clear instructional goals and objectives. Plans and prepares lessons, assignments, and instructional materials to improve student performance.
- Monitors and evaluates student progress and performance using appropriate assessment techniques. Prepares, administers and corrects evaluations and assessments, and records results. Counsels pupils when academic and behavioral problems arise.
- Selects and uses appropriate instructional strategies including, but not limited to, lectures, group discussions, demonstrations, modeling and multi-media teaching aids to present subject matter to students.
- Maintains order and discipline in the classroom conducive to effective learning and takes all necessary safety precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Confers with parents and students regarding progress/problems of assigned students; arranges and participates in teacher-parent or teacher-student conferences as necessary.
- Maintains accurate and complete records as required by law, Board Policy and Administrative Regulation.
- Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for instructional assistants, teacher assistants, and volunteers.
- Recruits educators, business/clinical partners and post-secondary representatives for a Program Advisory Committee (PAC) to collaborate and sustain industry standards.
- Assists with the development of post-secondary opportunities such as proficiency credits, internships, and industry recognized certifications.
- Performs other related duties as assigned within the same classification or lower.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency Certificate required.
- Two (2) years satisfactory occupational experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of school organization, goals and objectives, curriculum, teaching techniques, current trends, research and materials of instruction in field of specialization, and an understanding of the teaching/learning process.
- Ability to infuse technology into curriculum.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with administrators, colleagues, central office and school board staff, students, parents and community.
- Demonstrated ability to speak and write effectively.
- Ability to demonstrate techniques necessary to instruct students in area of assignment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse communities and develop outreach strategies to encourage parental involvement in student learning.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and engage diverse parents/guardians with varied communication styles, levels of skill, and experience to support their child’s education experience.
- Ability to employ a variety of teaching styles to respond to the needs of diverse learners.
- Ability for independent mobility throughout the school building/facility.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work and communicate with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated proficiency with business technology applications (e.g. Video/Web Conferencing, Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, Outlook, and/or PowerPoint preferred).
Licenses and Certifications
Employee must retain active licenses, certifications, and enrollment as a condition of employment.
- Hold or be eligible for Educator Certification: Resident Teacher Certificate (RTC) issued by Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) required; or
- Hold or be eligible for Educator Certification: Conditional Certificate (CDC) issued by Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) required; or
- Hold or be eligible for Educator Certification: Educator Certificate appropriate to the assigned teaching content area issued by Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) required; or
- Hold or be eligible for Educator Certification: Professional Eligibility Certificate (PEC) issued by Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) required; or
- Hold or be eligible for Educator Certification: Standard Professional Certificate I (SPC I) issued by Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) required; or
- Hold or be eligible for Educator Certification: Standard Professional Certificate II (SPC II) issued by Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) required.
- Hold or be eligible for Industry Certification relevant to this job required.
- American Boat and Yacht Council (ABYC) Certification or equivalent experience.
TEACHER: CAREER & TECHNICAL EDUCATION
Reports to Generic:
Reports to Specific:
Academics & Strategic Initiatives (ASI)
Curriculum & Instruction (C&I)
Teachers Association of Anne Arundel County (TAAAC)
HR JOB INFORMATION
FLSA Exemption Status:
Click HERE to view salary scale. Scroll down to locate (Unit 1 - Teachers).