For full job posting and application process, please visit https://www.wdio.com/employment/
- Shoot steady, sequenced video with good, clean audio for news, weather and sports for daily newscasts, specials and station websites as well as social media under tight deadlines. Edit in camera for sequences. Uses movement off the shoulder to show viewers what is seen in the field and a tripod or steady bag for steady shots. Shoots wide, medium and tight shots with a variety of subjects for the purpose of telling the story through pictures.
- Edit video and audio satisfactorily for news stories such as vos, vo/sots, setups and reporter pacs using different techniques and editing machines (including non-linear editing) under tight deadlines and in stressful situations while completing on time. Editing is done in house and in live trucks. Learn and perform competently multi-layering and special effects such as witness protection, highlighting video clips, color correction, and picture in picture effects. Aspire to editing excellence to raise the level of storytelling.
- Must be proficient with current broadcast cameras & editing software, but will train. Has knowledge and expertise in non-linear editing.
- Ability to work alone and with a Reporter.
- Must be reliable and able work additional hours if needed as well as travel as required.
- Must possess valid driver's license and clean driving record as determined by the Company.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to work in areas and conditions that are often noisy, have many distractions, and in extreme weather (heat and cold) and landscape conditions. Must be able listen to and respond verbally to others in English. Must have manual dexterity to operate camera and editing equipment. Must be able to move quickly inside and outside on uneven, unfamiliar terrain and areas. Work under tight deadlines and in pressure situations. Must be able to lift, carry and move with up to 50lbs in many environments including outdoors and in extreme weather conditions. Must be able to drive news vehicles. Able to stand for long periods of time.
Job Type: Part-time
Hours per week: