The primary purpose of the position is to direct the activities of the plant's production department through the production manager and the shift supervisors. This position participates in the overall administration of the plant during first shift hours.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Record and process daily grain activity for Cleveland, including settlements/payments and recaps.
- Prepare grain tax reports for Cleveland.
- Reconcile grain records. Prepare month-end and weekly recaps.
- Serve as an additional contact for grain customers and grain companies.
- Mill feed logistics: prepare orders, BOL’s, invoicing.
- Serve as backup relief for Warehouse supervisor.
- Serve as a front desk receptionist and main point of contact for all visitors.
- Prepare A/P and PO’s for Cleveland and submit to manager for approval.
- Facility HR coordinator.
- QA support: Help perform and gather information for mock recalls and during audits.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance
- Serve as backup relief for Production Planner.
- H.S. diploma or GED
- 2+ years’ experience in an administrative position; basic accounting duties preferred.
- Strong understanding and appreciation of deadlines and commitment to schedules.
- Excellent communication; ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively with all levels of personnel and with people in the community.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be knowledgeable of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) and willingness to learn other software.
- Working knowledge of using general office equipment such as a phone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer. Must be able to type with speed and accuracy.
- Able to work closely with plant personnel as a team contributor.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to be reliable consistently on a day-to-day basis.
- Ability to manage a fair amount of work load with little direction or supervision with frequent interruptions.
Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- administrative assistant: 2 years (Required)
- United States (Preferred)