NYC Health + Hospitals South Brooklyn Health is seeking a full-time Psychiatrist to join its dedicated behavioral health team serving the region. This position will provide direct psychiatric evaluations, assessments and treatments to adult patients admitted to inpatient care. The Psychiatrist will also be teaching and supervising trainees. This position also has the opportunity to grow into Unit Chief, Medical Director, and/or senior leadership positions of interest. Join NYC Health + Hospitals and be part of a strong, mission-driven team serving patients throughout Brooklyn.
- Monday to Friday schedule, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Student loan forgiveness options are available
- 10% 401k employer contribution after 1 year of service
- 13 paid holidays - Generous PTO, Sick Time, CME
- Spanish, French or Arabic language skills are a plus
- Strong value-based organization with a supportive team environment
- Visa candidates are encouraged to apply with H1-B and J1 candidates accepted
- Must be board-certified/board-eligible
- New graduates/residents are welcome to apply
- Compensation is between $237,000 and $247,000 per year
Where You’ll Work
NYC Health + Hospitals/South Brooklyn Health is a 371-bed hospital serving South Brooklyn and its surrounding communities. The healthcare campus and its new state-of-the-art Ruth Bade Ginsburg Hospital provide a range of services including Behavioral Health, Maternal and Women’s Health, Emergency Services, Surgical Services. It also includes the Health & Wellness Institute, offering a full array of outpatient services designed to ensure a healthy community.
Where You’ll Live
Brooklyn, the most populous of New York City’s five boroughs, is on the western end of Long Island, connected to Manhattan by the iconic Brooklyn Bridge. Known for attractions such as Coney Island and Prospect Park, Brooklyn is also home to great restaurants, lively music and upscale shopping. In addition to a hip, urban culture, you’ll discover quiet neighborhoods lined with mature trees and the borough’s iconic brownstones.
Who You’ll Work For
NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest public health care system in the United States, providing essential inpatient, outpatient and home-based services to over one million New Yorkers every year in more than 70 locations, both community- and hospital-based, across the city’s five boroughs. With 11 acute-care hospitals, five long-term care facilities and a network of primary care clinics, its diverse workforce empowers New Yorkers, without exception, to live the healthiest life possible.
Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran
Job ID Number: 23999