Physical Therapist- Home Health
Charleroi, PA, USA
Working Hours Per Week
Job Functional Area
1. Obtain patient’s informed consent to treatment.
2. Perform home safety/fall risk assessments and document appropriately.
3. Plan, prepare and carry out individually designed programs of physical treatment to maintain, improve or restore physical functioning, alleviate pain and prevent physical dysfunction in patients.
4. Perform and document an OASIS assessment/initial assessment, evaluating the data to identify problems and determine a plan of care/intervention within 24-48 hours of referrals.
5. Evaluate effects of treatment at various stages and adjust treatments to achieve maximum benefits.
6. Administer appropriate modalities (manual and physical agents) to help relieve pain, increase strength, decrease/prevent deformity or crippling, and increase quality of life.
7. Instruct patient, family, and caregivers in treatment procedures/plan of care.
8. Instruct patient, family, and caregivers in home exercise program.
9. Confer with the patient, medical practitioners and appropriate others to plan, implement and assess the intervention program.
10. Review medical records and physician referral to help determine plan of care and intervention.
11. Record prognosis, treatment, response, and progress in patient’s chart or enter information into the computer.
12. Discharge patient from physical therapy when goals/outcomes have been attained and provide for appropriate follow-up or referrals as needed.
13. Test and measure patient’s strength, motor development, sensation, function, respiratory/circulatory function and overall quality of life and record data appropriately.
14. Identify and document goals, anticipated progress, and plan for reevaluation every 6th visit.
15. Provide information to the patient about the proposed intervention, its material risk and any reasonable alternatives.
16. Refer to the appropriate practitioner if a finding is revealed out of the scope of the practice.
17. Direct and supervise supportive personnel, assessing their competence, delegating specific tasks to them and establishing channels of communication.
18. Teach physical therapy students as well as those in other health professions.
19. Provide educational information about physical therapy and physical therapists, injury prevention, ergonomics and ways to promote health to our customers and community.
20. Refer clients to community resources and services.
21. Conduct and support research and apply research findings to practice.
22. Follow best practices as outlined in handbook.
23. Follow guidelines as indicated in employee handbook.
24. Participate in QA/OBQI initiatives with problem-solving via action items.
25. Perform initial assessments within 3 business days after the start of care.
26. Attendance at staff meetings is mandatory. If unable to attend, must follow-up with supervisor.
27. Documentation of notes will be submitted within 24 hours of performing the visit.
28. Completion of other duties not specified as requested or assigned by Management.
29. Thorough knowledge of and strict adherence to the company’s Mission, Vision, and Core Values.
30. Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Education & Certifications
Allegheny Health Network Healthcare at Home Home Health
Graham Healthcare Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer