/ GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for performing human resource related duties at the administrative level.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
MINIMUM SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:A teammate in this position must:
- Provide back up coverage to the switchboard operator.
- Perform data entry of payroll including the handling of teammate inquiries regarding payroll, teammate time and attendance maintenance, time off requests, off-cycle paychecks, special pay transactions and sort teammate checks by department.
- Run payroll reports by department, to include time and attendance records.
- Identify the correct accounting code for all department expenses/invoices, verify the accuracy of expenses/invoices and submits for payment approval.
- Sort incoming mail by department and prepares outgoing mail for mail carrier.
- Create replacement badges.
- Collect all special deposit checks, prepare deposit slip by period, and maintain spreadsheet for accounting purposes.
- Reconcile petty cash, maintain spreadsheet for accounting purposes, and prepare requests for replenishment.
- File all paperwork in teammate files and confidential files.
- Create all divisional articles for the company magazine.
- Communicate company policies and practices (as appropriate) to supervisors and teammates.
- Organize special projects which may include, but are not limited to; annual holiday events, philanthropy assignments, health and wellness projects and events and job fairs.
- Have a High School Diploma, or GED.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Be self-motivated and able to troubleshoot, identify issues and recommend solutions.
- Be able to meet deadlines and process financials with minimal errors.
- Be able to successfully pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
- Have strong MS Office skills including Word and Excel.
- Be well-organized and detail-oriented.
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.