As a representative for our company, you will be responsible for assisting with troubleshooting, diagnostics, repairs on buildings, industrial systems, vehicles, grounds and maintenance equipment for assigned facilities, with an emphasis on electrical maintenance and repairs.
This is a part-time role, 3 days a week (8 hour days w/potential overtime). Flexible on days worked during the week. Potential to become full-time.
1. Performs general building maintenance without supervision.
2. Assists in the repair and maintenance of a wide variety of pumps, valves, pneumatic controls, electrical, mechanical and hydraulic devices.
3. Lights and ballast replacements.
4. Trouble shoot plumbing issues and repair problems.
5. Work with cubes and furniture moves.
6. Perform minor HVAC repairs and maintenance under close supervision.
7. Assist with installation and modification of building equipment systems.
8. Troubleshoot, evaluate and make recommendations to upgrade maintenance operations and/or implement savings opportunities.
9. Possess competent knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment used in facility maintenance.
10. Respond immediately to emergency situations and customer concerns.
11. Inspect electrical distribution systems for safety and efficiency.
12. Assist in maintaining and operating life safety/fire systems.
13. Practice safe work habits at all times
14. Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives as related to building operations and practice safe work habits.
15. Plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles, writing specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment.
Knowledge and Skills
1. Technical, vocational or on-the-job training in electrical and HVAC or any similar combination of experience and education.
2. Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record with periodic checks.
3. Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
4. Knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used in maintenance work.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills
6. Ability to communicate effectively
7. May be only maintenance staff member on duty during certain shifts; may be required to work extended periods of time without relief when responding to priority/emergency situations (including overtime type assignments); may require shift work and/or on call duties.
Education and Work Experience
1. High School Diploma or GED equivalent
2. 3-10 years of experience in commercial facilities and building maintenance.
1. Small-to-large work environment.
2. Safety glasses required while performing certain tasks.
3. Fast paced work environment.
4. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
5. Exposed to a combination of normal office type environments and shop environments.
6. Regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise.
1. Have own basic hand tools and battery drill
2. Clean driver’s license
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $28.00 to $33.00 /hour
Hours per week:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly