This position serves as the Assistant Director for the Wicomico County local Child Support Administration division. In this capacity, the position is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the division, as well as the creation and interpretation of policy governing local Child Support Administration operations. The position directs and monitors all local Child Support activities; develops networking with the local Family Investment Administration and Social Services Administration divisions to support and reinforce the independence and family self-sufficiency goals; and serves as a member of the agency's Leadership Team.
Position duties include (but are not limited to):
- Administers local Child Support Services and initiatives consistent with State and Federal regulations.
- Represents the local Department of Social Services at State and interagency meetings, committees, and taskforces.
- Interprets Child Support programs and policies to the general public, agencies and elected officials.
- Participates in the strategic planning process.
- Develops local policy and procedures needed to obtain program goals and provide excellent customer service.
- Reviews and interprets local, state and federal reports and literature.
- Maintains records, data and other information necessary for quality control, audits, budget monitoring and employee evaluations.
- Advises the local Department of Social Services Director of changes in policy and recommends an appropriate plan of action.
- Supervises, directs and evaluates Child Support Administration supervisor staff, including two Child Support Supervisors, and one Finance Supervisor.
- Works directly with the Assistant Director of Local General Administration in developing and monitoring an annual budget of approximately $1,798,000.
- Develops and implements a plan to appropriately utilize all state and federal incentive dollars.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $54,257.00 to $79,253.00 /year
- administrative, professional, or technical work: 8 years (Required)
- supervision of other employees or program development: 3 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts