Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. To train, coach, supervise, and evaluate Bakery associates. To maintain performance standards while supervising and participating in all Bakery activities. To attain budgeted sales and profit goals of the Bakery Department. Monitors and enforces all Government and Company regulations.
Accountable and reports to: Store Director, Asst. Store Director, Person-In-Charge, Operations Specialist(s)
Positions that report to you: Bakery Crew Chief, Bakery Clerk
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the associate’s designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Genuinely thanks each customer and invites them back.
- Assists customers by: (examples include) o escorting them to the products they’re looking for o securing products that are out of reach o loading or unloading heavy items o making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests o performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
- Directs and participates in all Bakery activities, including but not limited to receiving, baking, preparing, packaging, displaying, and ordering product in order to maximize sales, earnings, and customer satisfaction in the Bakery department and total store.
- Attains budgeted sales and profit goals of the Bake Shop.
- Answers the department telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call.
- Listens to customer complaints and resolves problems as appropriate.
- Plans and monitors production to control shrink and promote sales.
- Prepares and completes all daily bookwork, record keeping and documentation required by Company or Store Director.
- Maintains sales floor which includes stocking racks and tables, pulling stale product, cleaning up miscellaneous spills and loose debris.
- Inspects all Bakery products for quality and freshness, rotates products on display for sale and in reserve areas, and removes products with expired shelf life.
- Assists customers with special orders via telephone, online orders, or in person.
- Ensures proper merchandising of product by understanding schematics, merchandising of advertised items, proper signage procedures, and meeting customer demands.
- Pulls product from freezer and other reserve areas to fill sales floor.
- Cleans all bakery utensils, equipment, merchandising tables and cases, food preparation surfaces, floors, doors, walls and storage areas according to sanitation schedule and standards.
- Removes trash in a timely manner.
- Ensures department and storage areas remain organized according to “5S” standards.
- Monitors temperature of all display and storage units for proper product holding.
- Decorates product to achieve customer satisfaction by using all company approved methods which may include edible image printer.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures, Safety and Sanitation regulations, and individual store guidelines.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
- Checks invoices against delivered products and supplies; places delivered product in designated product storage areas.
- Responsible for proper inventory control through ordering, pricing, dating, labeling, and stocking.
- Uses SPA gun to order product and maintain accurate inventory count in EOE system.
- Insures that all food is handled in accordance with local health department regulations.
- Protects associates and customers by removing potential hazards from the sales floor in a timely manner.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS: (These are considered occasional in nature)
- Updates price changes as needed on shelves and displays.
- Attends Company training meetings.
- Changes labels and reloads supplies in department.
- Assists in interviewing of new associates.
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
- Administers discipline as needed.
- Trains, assists, and supervises department associates on job duties in the Bakery and performance of Company policies, procedures and standards.
- Evaluates work performance of department associates and recommends personnel action, such as retention, promotion, transfers, disciplinary action, or dismissal.
- Prepares weekly work schedule for department to ensure adequate coverage and service level while adhering to weekly sales and payroll budgets.
- Monitors and enforces government and Jewel Safety and Sanitation regulations as well as wage and hour laws.
- Supervises total store as directed by the Store Director.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB:
- Ability to do simple addition, subtraction, copying figures, counting and recording.
- Possess the ability to understand and follow written, verbal or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request supplies orally or in writing.
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with multiple variables as they are presented.
- Visual requirements include clarity of vision at a distance of more than 20 inches and less than 20 feet with color vision, depth perception and field of vision.
- Must have the ability to handle refrigerated and frozen levels of temperature when retrieving product from cooler or freezer.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Must be able to work shifts varying in length and time, including early mornings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Maintain valid food service sanitation certification.
The duties for this position are normally conducted in a store environment. Exposure to approximately 28 degrees
Fahrenheit while handling products in cooler, -20 degrees Fahrenheit while handling products in the freezer and
400 degrees Fahrenheit while placing product in or removing from oven. There is significant responsibility to maintain customer service levels and handle multiple priorities. Has exposure to cleaning chemicals/solvents.
EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM JOB:
Computer, printer, copier, fax machine, box cutter, pallet jack, stock cart, icing piping bags, various cake decorating tools, knives, label maker, edible image machine, oven mitts, industrial mixer, strawberry slicer, pan washer, plastic or latex gloves, bread slicer, SPA gun, stocking rack, trash and cardboard compactor, telephone/intercom.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.15 - $15.30 per hour
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)