The dietitian will assist in the development of a dynamic, nutrition focused environment, which aims to evaluate and prepare Bariatric patients pre-operatively and provide them with the tools needed to optimize their post-surgical outcomes.
The dietitian will be responsible for providing Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) that is integrated with the patient's medical goals to promote and maintain an optimal nutritional status. As an integral member of the clinical interdisciplinary team; the dietitian will evaluate, interpret, monitor and document the nutritional status and nutritional needs; including diet, supplements and healthy nutrition recommendations, using established standards of care and practice guidelines. The dietitian will be responsible for developing and implementing educational materials to meet the needs of both the patients and the healthcare professionals caring for them.
The dietitian will work closely with all members of the Bariatric & Minimally Invasive Surgery Department
- Bachelor's Degree in Dietetics, Food & Nutrition or related field
- Registered Dietitian with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) - Licensed Dietitian with Maryland Board of Dietetic Practice (LDN)
- 1-3 years' experience with MNT/weight loss counseling preferred
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally, as to communicate with employees, and residents as needed.
- Must be able to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner, and skillfully gather and analyze information
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality
- Basic computer skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
Career Ladder Eligible
- Specialist I Registered Dietitian; Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist 2+ years' experience
- Specialist II Registered Dietitian; Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist 5+ years' experience and Active Advanced Certification or Master's Degree or 4 additional years' exp.
- Specialist III Registered Dietitian; Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist 8+ years' experience, Active Advanced Certification, Master's Degree or 4 additional years' exp.
- Specialist IV Registered Dietitian; Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist 10+ years' experience, Active Advanced Certification, Master's Degree Requirements.