Under general supervision, responsible for collecting payments for medical claims on behalf of clients to generate collection fees (revenue) for Company.
Duties include the review of assigned accounts to evaluate "collectability"; determining process required to obtain reimbursement for services; prioritizing and managing collection activity; and obtaining appropriate reimbursement for client's services from third party payers and patients.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collect reasonable percent of accounts assigned within a specified timeframe (based on Company goals).
- Manage the collection activity of assigned accounts to ensure timely processing and maximum collection results.
- Review accounts to identify "uncollectable" A/R and provide detail to clients per Company procedures.
- Contact third party payers to recover unpaid or partially paid claims on behalf of clients per Company’s accepted practices and in compliance with all state and federal laws pertaining to such actions.
- Bill or resubmit claims as needed for collection including all secondary claims per specific third party payer regulations and state and federal medical billing guidelines.
- Provide third party payers with supporting information or documentation necessary for payment of claims and/or any other account follow-up (dictated by Company and client procedures) required to recover payments within the required time frame.
- Maintain all accounts receivable records, cash reports and client information per Company policies.
- Verify and report accurate cash collection information per Company procedures.
- Maintain client confidentiality agreements per Company policy.
- Periodically assist in training of new externs and AR Clerks brought on to assist in ongoing client projects.
- May also be required to participate in various client projects as needed.
- Ensure project procedures are adhered to and competed within the allotted timeframes set by MARS management.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
1 - 3 years experience in medical collections or related knowledge preferably in home infusion and specialty pharmacy. Basic understanding of general medical terminology. Must have the ability to multi-task and work through a large volume of claims/accounts. Professional and well-spoken and motivated by achievement.
Salary based on experience + commission bonus
Computer knowledge required with intermediate level understanding of Microsoft word and Excel.
High School Education or Equivalency
Job Type: Full-time
- Home Infusion Collections: 3 years (Preferred)