**Sign on bonus
**Relocation Assistance Provided
As a district hospital, Modoc Medical Center (MMC) is proud to partner with our district members and community, to provide our patients and visitors with a tradition of quality care, innovative and responsible use of resources, and personalized, compassionate care.
We are a 16-bed, critical access hospital providing emergency services, offering family practice medicine while also operating a skilled nursing facility, a rural healthcare clinic, physical therapy and other ancillary services including general surgery, lab services, diagnostic imaging, wound care and ambulance service. Currently plans are underway to build a new district hospital in Alturas by 2020.
Modoc is comprised of many outdoor recreational activities. The Modoc National Forest encompasses over twenty-five campgrounds at various settings and elevations to suit any of your recreational needs including hiking, backpacking, and bicycling trails. The forest also provides fishing where you can catch trout, catfish, bass and many more varieties.
Modoc County is an ideal place for hunting, whether it be for big game, waterfowl or small game. The area is known for its trophy mule deer, antelope and its developing elk population.
How about an affordable round of golf? Modoc provides its residents and guests with two golf courses from which to choose.
We also have a great school system for employees with school age children.
Modoc Joint Unified School District (MJUSD) is a K-12 district that offers an elementary school, a middle school, a high school, a continuation school, adult education, as well as one small rural school located in an outlying area. In June of 2013, Modoc High School made it on the list of, “Best High Schools in America” by US News and World Report. 21,000 schools were evaluated and 4,620 received the honor of being selected. MJUSD provides its students with numerous extra-curricular activities including drama, academic clubs, student government, Future Farmers of America (FFA), band and choir, as well as a highly successful and competitive athletic program.
Responsible for producing accurate and timely lab test results and phlebotomy as required. Maintains Clinical Laboratory inventory and performs various plating of specimens and staining under the supervision of the Laboratory Manager.
1. Professional behavior is demonstrated always, both when on duty and as a representative of the hospital outside of normal work hours.
2. A positive working relationship with patients, visitors, and facility staff is demonstrated. Respectful to managers and supervisors.
3. Organizational ability and time management is demonstrated.
4. Produces deliverable products on time, within budget with minimal direction.
5. Demonstrates the ability to compile and organize data using Microsoft Office Applications. Ability to make appropriate recommendations or conclusions, given the data obtained.
6. Maintains an organized set of records, delivers records immediately upon request, for the functions that are performed within the scope of this job.
7. Communicates appropriately, respectfully, and clearly to directors, managers, and coworkers. Accepts direction as provided without questioning authority, within the chain of command.
8. Performs all assigned tasks accurately.
9. Takes direction from others to include those employees of other departments with which he/she works on a temporary basis in accordance with the chain of command.
10. Demonstrates ability to effectively use office machines in the performance of job functions.
11. Answers phone calls, assists public, and forwards appropriately if necessary in a professional and friendly manner.
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. Follows standard precautions at all times.
2. Responsible for plating all routine cultures on all specimens submitted to the Clinical Laboratory.
3. Responsible for performing all routine stains on submitted specimens, including gram stains and Wright’s stains.
4. Responsible for inventory in laboratory store room. Reports needed supplies to the Laboratory Manager.
5. Initiates the meeting of responsibilities without prompting.
6. Demonstrates the values of team concept on a consistent basis.
7. Submits suggestions to improve the Clinical Laboratory’s efficiency.
8. Interacts with other Clinical Laboratory personnel in a professional manner.
9. Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
10. Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
1. Adheres to dress code; appearance is neat and professional.
2. Completes annual education requirements if applicable.
3. Maintains regulatory requirements.
4. Wears identification while on duty.
5. Attends annual evaluation and participates actively in this process.
6. Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work in designated time.
7. Attends all meetings as appropriate.
8. Exhibits the mission, ethics and goals of Modoc Medical Center in the performance of job duties.
* Group health plan. The District contributes up to the following percentages; employee only 85%, Employee +1 50%, Employee + Child 50%, and Employee + family 40% for Group Anthem Blue Cross.
* Those who elect not to participate in the group health plan and who provide proof of other health insurance coverage shall receive $200 per month.
* Employee Discount Program offered to all eligible employees, providing a 100% discount on all patient responsibility portion s of insurance bills for eligible, covered services provided at Modoc Medical Center.
* Employer paid Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance ($10,000 each)
* Aflac voluntary insurance provided
* Voluntary dental
* Voluntary vision
* Supplemental Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
* Six recognized holidays
* 457(b) Retirement Plan, the District contributes an amount equal to 3% of eligible wages and will match 50% of the employee's current retirement contribution, not to exceed total District matching contributions of 3%.
* The District contributes 7% of the employee's monthly hours worked to a pension fund.
* Paid Time Off ranges from 18-31 days based on length of service
* Educational Assistance program offered to employees who want to obtain a degree in the amounts of $1000 for certificates, $4000 for Associates, $6000 for Bachelors, and $8000 for Masters.
* Longevity Bonuses; 5 years of service = $500, 10 years of service = $1000, 15 years of service = $2000, 20 yeas of service = $3000, 25 years of service = $4000, and 30 years of service = $5,000
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $42.72 to $58.89 /hour
Hours per week: