Southern Environmental, Inc. is interested in hiring a Mechanical Designer to design mechanical devices, miscellaneous componentry, and machinery for heavy industrial use.
SEI is a well-respected supplier of air pollution control equipment and services to utility, pulp, paper, refinery and other industrial companies. SEI is seeking candidates with excellent technical, written, and verbal communication skills to support a well-established group.
This position offers a chance to work within a team environment and as a skillful individual. The ideal candidate must have good communication skills, flexibility, and the ability to interact with project managers and team members in order to fulfill the client’s needs.
Skills of a successful canidate:
- AutoCAD proficiency in 2D design is required.
- 3D BIM Modeling experience is not required, however experience is beneficial.
- Requires the ability to analyze specifications, design data, sketches, and related engineering drawings.
- Ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Must be able to confer with engineering and design staff to assist in resolving design issues.
- Must be able to generating accurate design drawings as well as the associated details.
- Ensure clarity, accuracy and neatness of drawings
- Duties will include checking drawings generated by other designers.
- Support customer and internal design reviews.
- Some travel required, typically no more than (2-6) trips per year, with each trip being about (1-2) nights away.
- Typical industries served are power plants, paper mills, material handling facilities, wastewater treatment facilities, and refineries.
SEI maintains a 401(k) plan, health coverage, standard holidays, vacation and sick leave
benefits. The position’s salary will be commensurate with the applicants experience and abilities.
Job Type: Full-time