Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Commercial & Industrial (HCI) provides solutions for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, commercial and industrial applications along with high-voltage test and measurement solutions. As a leading global manufacturer and supplier in multiple markets, we have quality products that serve the commercial construction, datacom, industrial light, industrial heavy, high voltage, residential and oil & gas markets. HCI has built its success through strong leadership, employee and customer loyalty and an exceptional sales force.
40 Waterview Drive, Shelton CT
The Operation’s Administrator is responsible for performing, directing, and completing a wide variety of functions and assignments in an office environment supporting specifically the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering and Quality Assurance departments. These include working with purchase requisitions, purchase orders, invoices, payments, goods receipts, quotes, product labels, inspection reports, and tool orders. Provide research of issues with purchase orders and invoices. Have skilled knowledge of SAP functions and processes to complete a variety of tasks related to PO’s, invoices, Bills of Materials, Bar Codes (UPC numbers), and packaging levels. Create shipping orders for tools, equipment, and parts
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interface regularly with the Quality and Manufacturing Engineers to assist with the many functions of the department. Order stationary and various office items. Manage the copier. Answer phones and take messages.
- Upon the release of new catalog numbers via the Line Addition process, work with Marketing and Engineering to develop specific labeling requirements and load them in the Label Database for release to the factories. This may include data only loads into the Label Database and/or the creation of format files in Tharo Easy Label.
- Provide ongoing technical support to resolve problems related to label data and format files per requests from various departments or factories. Requests may come in via email or phone call. Prior to making the requested change(s), it may be necessary to do verification of SAP BOMs, SAP basic data, regulatory approvals, and/or product descriptions. Once verified and complete, transmit the data to the factories.
- Respond to requests for label and packaging data information or samples from marketing, engineering, and other departments. This may require SAP BOM investigation, extracting data from the Label Database, and printing physical label samples via Zebra industrial printers.
- After a tool or equipment order has been entered into the DB and approved, use that data to create a Purchase Requisition in SAP. Verify the accuracy of the data prior to entering it into SAP.
- After a Purchase Requisition has been converted into a PO, enter the PO information into the Tool Order Database.
- Manage invoices for tools and equipment. Distribute the invoices for approval. Enter the invoice data into the Tool Order Database. Scan the invoice into SAP. Send the approved invoice to accounting.
- Upon management approval of a Capital and/or Expense Equipment and Tooling Proposal, enter the AFE (Authorization For Expenditure) data into the Tool Order Database.
- Create UPS shippers for many various tools, equipment, and parts. This can be from a small box to a large crate that requires special handling.
- Provide technical and practical phone support for vendors with questions about POs and invoices. This may include research and investigation to provide the vendors accurate answers.
- Scan inspection reports, catalog verification reports, and invoices and attached them to the parts in the SAP part master.
- Assist engineers in getting new vendors added to SAP.
- Assist in ISO audits pertaining to department processes, POs and invoices.
Skills and Experience
- A formal education in a degreed program or certificate preferred
- Familiarity with basic accounting methods and terminology is preferred
- Experience with SAP is a requirement
- Multilingual (English and Spanish) is preferred
- Strong problem solving ability is required
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) is required
- Strong typing skills