QMA - Business Analyst, Equity Derivatives-QMA00099
Serving investors since 1975, QMA targets superior risk-adjusted returns by combining research-driven quantitative investment processes built on economic and behavioral foundations with judgment from experienced market practitioners. Ultimately, each portfolio is constructed to meet the individual financial needs of the client. An independent boutique backed by the capabilities of one of the world’s largest asset managers, QMA is the quantitative equity and global multi-asset solutions business of PGIM, the global investment management businesses of Prudential Financial, Inc. Today, we manage over $100 billion in assets for a wide range of global clients.
Core Functional Responsibilities:
- Define, develop and provide information and analysis to drive the decision-making process and support business operations for internal and external customers
- Work with end user to generate solutions to business issues and then plan/implement those solutions
- Gather and document user requirements, test plans, and project plans by working on teams with a number of key individuals representing the business, operations, and technology
Support the production group by monitoring open issues and problems to identify and implement timely solutions
- Develop test plans, scenarios, and scripts, as well as, perform quality assurance testing and assist in user acceptance testing
- Become a Subject Matter Expert on the accounting and trading platforms
- Coordinate and manage small and medium scale projects to completion with minimal management assistance
- Develop and maintain all analysis and testing documentation pertaining to a programming project
- Interact heavily with internal contacts from operations staff to portfolio managers and external vendors/project participants from other firms
- Provide ongoing support for the applications, including off hours support on a rotational basis
- Complete any ad hoc projects, reports, and client specific tasks
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Engineering, Math, or Economics
- Minimum of 4-6 years of IT business analysis experience required
- Previous experience writing business requirements and test plans, as well as reviewing functional specifications, for trading and accounting systems required
- Must be familiar with formal requirements gathering and management process
- In-depth understanding of software development life cycle and familiarity with relational database concepts with SQL skills
- Strong knowledge of Financial industry and market, specifically equity and derivatives products, trade lifecycle, basic accounting, and post-trade processing
- Ability to work individually, and in a team to generate superior and efficient work
- Possess excellent analytical, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite applications
- MS Project a plus
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function Asset Management
Primary Location United States-New Jersey-Newark