- In-person Interview is must so only candidates local to California are eligible
- This is Mircosoft SQL no Oracle DBA. Person needs to have a strong work background – 7+ years of experience and have strong administrator experience. They will be doing day-to-day administration.
- The position is responsible for planning and coordinating the design, installation and operational support of database systems to ensure stable operation and performance.
- This includes engaging with other infrastructure staff, development staff and/or consultants in developing, configuring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing databases and their associated server infrastructure.
- Develops, implements and maintains database configurations, procedures and associated training plans.
- Evaluates and improves the efficiency of processes and procedures to enhance speed, quality, efficiency and output. Decomposes large systems into subsystems, components and service threads.
- Expert knowledge and technical understanding of the design, implementation and continued operation of database and system technologies; professional certification (e.g. Certified Architect Specialist [CITA-S], The Open Group Certified IT Architect, MCSE Data Platform or BI, MCTS, MCITP, MVP) are advantageous and strongly desired.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in managing and delivering complex database projects that involve vendor(s), business users and internal IT team(s) working together collectively to deliver results.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with database technologies, controls and processes; combining analysis, design, implementation and support.
- Technical: Expert with technologies such as Microsoft Windows operating system(s), Microsoft SQL databases, etc.
- Advanced ability to information and provide guidance to system owners and stakeholders; strong knowledge of office operations, workflow analysis, inventory management, data entry and file management. Technical expertise needs to encompass, and be demonstrated across, the following technical dimensions:
- Troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
- Database backups, restores and recovery models
- Indexes, index management and statistics
- Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and third party tools (e.g. Idera, Solarwinds, Toad, etc.)
- Operational automation using scripts
- SSIS, SSRS and SSAS
- High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MS SQL Server
- Windows server, including Active Directory, and proper disk configurations.
Job Type: Full-time
- SSRS: 2 years (Required)
- SSAS: 2 years (Required)
- SSIS: 2 years (Required)
- SQL DBA: 5 years (Required)
- San Francisco, CA (Required)