Headquartered in Southern California, Skechers has spent nearly 30 years helping men, women and kids everywhere look and feel good. Developing comfort technologies is at the foundation of all that we do—delivering stylish, innovative, and quality products at a reasonable price. From our diverse footwear offering to a growing range of apparel and accessories, Skechers is a complete lifestyle brand.
With international business representing over half of our total sales, we have product available in more than 170 countries and significant opportunities for continued expansion worldwide. We sell our collections direct to consumers through more than 4,000 Skechers stores around the globe and Skechers e-commerce sites, as well as through a network of third-party partners.
A MULTI-BILLION-DOLLAR GLOBAL LEADER IN THE FOOTWEAR INDUSTRY.
The Senior Developer of BI and Reporting will be part of Data and Analytics team, reporting to Director, BI and Reporting. The role will focus on and require demonstrated expertise in design, development, implementation and maintenance of enterprise BI and Reporting platforms. The individual will build and document new or modified BI systems/applications, develop innovative analytic reports, maintain best practices for change management, collaborate with business leads, data stewards and power users to design and develop insightful BI reports/solutions supporting all areas of the business and provide mentoring, training and technical support to BI Analysts as well as all other BI users within Skechers.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS-
- Design and develop technical solutions and best practices to enable continued enhancements and maintenance of enterprise-wide BI & reporting and associated technology.
- Actively contribute to thought leadership on Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions, tools and best practices.
- Proactively identify business reporting challenges, and work with technology department to devise and deliver solutions.
- Interpret business requirements and KPIs to determine optimal BI solutions to meet user needs.
- Lead design, build, deployment, and maintenance of BI solutions and tools, dashboards, reports, visualizations, analytics, etc.
- Build and maintain business schema and documentation for an organized glossary of measures and attributes.
- Employ quick prototyping to gather feedback and adjust to user asks in an agile fashion.
- Utilize storytelling as a vehicle to make analytics & insight deliverables accessible and memorable.
- Follow best practices to build scalable enterprise BI and reporting dashboards.
- Ensure data and reports are thoroughly tested before release to production environments.
- Explores data and discovers patterns, meaningful relationships, anomalies, and trends, work with business to build key insights and perform analysis for a wide range of requests using data in different formats and platforms.
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems, reports, and dashboards.
- Troubleshoot data issues identified in dashboards and follow through resolution, collaborating with data engineering, architecture teams and other pillars within Data & Analytics as needed.
- Provide training and support for the business users on reporting systems.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in design, development, architecture, support and operations of BI applications, Visualization and Reporting, Data Warehousing, and Analytics.
- 2+ years of experience in the cloud-based BI and Analytics technologies.
- Experience in data warehouse design.
- Strong working knowledge of BI technologies.
- Extensive experience in working with one or more BI or Visualization tools end to end (such as Tableau, MicroStrategy, Power BI, etc.).
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work within in a team environment.
- Advanced written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize workload.
- Professional presence, that is flexible and teamwork oriented.
- Must demonstrate ability to independently conduct in-depth data analysis.
- Fluency in SQL, data manipulation and tuning for optimizing performance.
- Certifications and/or experience working with Incorta Business Intelligence software.
- Experience with statistical analysis and computing, machine learning, deep learning, and AI.
- Knowledge of various programming languages, such as Python, SQL, and analytical tools, such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, R.
- Broad knowledge and experience in data analysis, benchmarking, retail, digital & financial analysis, predictive analytics, and report design, including, development and interpretation of reports in graphical and tabular formats.
- Ability to understand and interpret customer requirements, impacts, and needs from initial request through final delivery, including understanding of databases, data architecture, reporting tools and compliance.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, the ability to work with minimal oversight and ability to ensure that all tasks are completed correctly, timely and in line with established guidelines and business needs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE-
- A bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Analytics, or related field.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.