Luxury hotel located in Fairfield CT is seeking a Front Office Supervisor to join their team.
- Welcome guests on their arrival to the hotel, wish them well on their departure
- Ensure guest satisfaction is delivered on a consistent basis
- Process guest check in and guest check out according to established Standards & Procedures
- Ensure all guest requests are properly followed up
- Adhere to established hotel credit and cashiering policies
- Responsible for the cash bank issued
- Report any guest comments to management via the Front Office logbook
- Be able to complete any incoming Reservation or inquiry
- Handle all guest complaints according to established procedures
- Balance all cashiering work at the end of the shift. Reporting any shortage or overage immediately to the attention of the Front Office Manager.
- Review daily, the function sheets and Front Office memos to keep abreast of hotel information
- Follow the established telephone etiquette procedures
- Be familiar with all emergency procedures
- Be familiar with the décor and amenities of guest rooms and suites
- Be familiar with local area, restaurants and attractions
- Ensure safety deposit boxes are issued, accessed and returned according to the established procedures
- Assume responsibility of the operations, reservations and concierge when necessary
- Coordinate with other hotel departments: Concierge, Bell staff, Security, Room Service, Engineering & Housekeeping
- Ensure a clean, tidy and well-supplied work area
- Maintain a friendly yet professional relationship with all guests
- Pre-register or “bump” for the next day’s arrival
- Prepare and maintain an accurate and up-to-date guest profile
- To be supportive of junior positions within the department and assist with on the job training of duties as required
- Supervise the smooth, professional operation of the Front Desk Guest Service Agents
- Be able to select and change room assignments appropriately as required
- Ensure that Guest Service Agents perform their duties according to established standards and procedures
- Ensure that all guest registration information is complete and accurate
- Ensure that all guest payment and credit information is accurate and adheres to established hotel standards and procedures
- Ensure that any and all guest requests, preferences, dislikes and events are accurately recorded in Guest History
- To personally supervise any room moves performed in the guest’s absence
- Attend training as required
QUALIFICATIONS : Must have previous supervisor experience working in a hotel. Must be willing to work PM shifts and weekends as well as holidays. A positive attitude and excellent communication skills required.
EDUCATION: Degree in Hospitality Management is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 2 to 3 years of work experience as Front Office Supervisor.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Front Office Supervisor: 3 years
- High school or equivalent