Under the supervision of the Teacher, the Teacher Assistant will assist in developing the social learning and physical skills of the children. Teacher Assistant is required to assist the Teacher with the implementation of safety rules and supervise the children’s activities in order to insure their safety and provide for adequate adult supervision of children.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Six (6) units in child development or early childhood education. Educational transcripts are required.
- Three (3) Infant and Toddler units are preferred, not required.
- One (1) year work experience in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, Pre-School and Head Start.
- Bilingual (Spanish / English) required.
- Ability to speak, read and write English, well enough to understand and be understood.
- Ability to relate to diverse groups of people including low-income families.
- Sensitive to others needs.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Sincere commitment to providing services to children and the community.
- Ability to assess and respond quickly to varied situations.
- Must meet State health requirements: Must submit to a pre-employment physical examination and Tuberculosis (TB) clearance.
- Must provide vaccination records for influenza, pertussis and measles.
- Criminal Records (e.g. Livescan Fingerprinting).
- Hold a valid First Aid and CPR certificate.
MAOF offers the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Accidental Insurance, 403(b) Retirement Plan, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, other supplemental benefits such as AFLAC, Credit Union Membership ad Discount tickets to Southern CA theme parks and attractions
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 /hour
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 /hour
- Early Childhood Education: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bilingual: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Employee discounts