General Summary of Position:
Responsible for managing client assignments and projects, delivering a high quality service. This includes coaching, advising, and supporting team members in meeting clients and self-development expectations. Manager’s direct field work on financial statement audits and accounting engagements, monitor progress of engagements in relation to budgets and due dates. Managers are also responsible for client relationships within their area of expertise and for clients assigned to them.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Understands performance expectations and leads and manages teams to meet these expectations.
- Has a strong understanding of the firm structure, the people, the services they provide and the firm’ clients.
- Aims to exceed an effective utilization rate and monitor the progress of assignment teams in the achievement of utilization rates.
- Is aware of client targets and proposal initiatives across the firm and contributes to the sales/proposal process.
- Leverages resources to achieve maximum profitability. Actively participates in initiatives to recruit talented people including participating in career and recruitment forums, conducting interviews, and providing time to speak with potential recruits
- Regular and reliable attendance which includes the necessary hours to meet client demands during various busy seasons.
- Plans, organizes and controls multiple responsibilities and resources to meet assignment objectives.
- Provides team direction to ensure assignment quality standards are met.
- Manages the assignment budget, anticipates and communicates budget issues, identifies opportunities to improve assignment profitability, prepares billings and assists in cash collections.
- Total chargeable hours goal of 1,650 hours.
- Improve realization in client engagements.
- Participate in business development opportunities.
- Participate in people development initiatives.
- Able to plan and manage projects - agree timeline for deliverables and deliver quality, on time within budgets.
- Develops a thorough knowledge and understanding of tools, systems, and processes (within their discipline) and is able to apply them.
- Able to anticipate problems/barriers and helps develop plans to address them. *
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting.
- CPA certification required - no exceptions.
- Five years minimum of progressive audit experience in public accounting or related field.
- Is able to identify the key stakeholders in a decision making process and develop working relationships.
- Has the ability to negotiate and persuade clients with integrity and communicates effectively in the sales process - ensures clients have the information they need to make decisions.
- Possesses strong presentation skills.
- Always alert to opportunities to provide additional services to clients.
- Actively participates in initiatives to recruit talented people including participating in career and recruitment forums, conducting interviews, and providing time to speak with potential candidates.
Job Type: Full-time
- Public Accounting: 7 years (Preferred)