Golden Queen Mining Company, LLC (the Company) is developing a gold and silver, open pit, heap leach operation on its Soledad Mountain property, located just outside the town of Mojave in Kern County in southern California. The Project will use conventional open pit mining methods and the cyanide heap leach and Merrill-Crowe processes to recover gold and silver from crushed, agglomerated ore. This is a safety sensitive position.
The Company is seeking a Mechanic IV to service and repair large mining equipment.
The Mechanic IV will report to the Maintenance Supervisor / Maintenance Superintendent.
- A Mechanic IV will be responsible for performing daily checks on equipment that would include checking and changing if necessary all engine and cab air filters.
- This person needs to be self-motivated, willing to take control of situations and give direction as needed.
- Perform scheduled maintenance on all applicable equipment.
- Checking for and noting any leaks or discrepancies in any of the hydraulic systems or power train components on the mobile equipment.
- Minor and major maintenance repairs to equipment as needed.
- Major component rebuilds.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe work environment at all times.
- Have 7+ years minimum experience in lubrication / maintenance of mobile construction, mining equipment.
- Must be a team leader, as well as a relief supervisor when needed.
- Must know the hydraulics and electrical theory.
- Be able to perform electrical, hydraulic and engine trouble shooting.
- Be able to perform major component tear downs and failure analysis.
- Must have their own tools up to and including 3/4 drive impact set.
- Have a good working knowledge of computers.
- Willing and able to do shift work as needed.
- Able to climb and lift 50lbs.
- Able to operate 26000 lb. lube / service truck
- Have a good understanding of lubrication i.e. greases and oils. Their properties and proper applications.
- Driver’s license required.
- High school diploma or GED
Must be based in or be willing to relocate to Southern California.
Sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
Golden Queen Mining Company is a drug and alcohol free work place, with a zero tolerance policy. If an offer is made to a candidate, the candidate must be willing to undergo a hair follicle and urine drug test, as well as background check, and physical.
Notice to recruitment and/or staffing firms:
The Company will not pay any fees for recruitment activities related to the hiring of a candidate for the position of Manager - Mining unless a services agreement has been entered into between the recruitment and/or staffing firm.
Go to www.goldenqueen.com for information on the Company and the Project.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.96 /hour
- heavy equipment mechanic: 7 years (Required)
- major component change out: 7 years (Required)
- failure analysis: 7 years (Required)
- Troubleshooting: 7 years (Required)
- Hydraulic: 7 years (Required)
- Electrical: 7 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver's License (Preferred)