JOB TITLE: Speech Language Pathologist
JOB SUMMARY: The Speech Language Pathologist reports to the manager/director and performs speech language pathology services (both evaluation and treatment) as assigned by that manager/director.
- Perform patient evaluations and develop treatment plan, including short-term and long-term goals, consistent with physician orders and appropriate for the patient’s overall medical condition.
- Carry out patient care plans or portions thereof, determining appropriate progression of patients within the realm of the established care plan.
- Perform tests and complex treatments individually or with assistance as needed.
- Collaborate with occupational therapists, physical therapists, physicians and other members of the healthcare team relative to individual patient treatment programs and progress.
- Document patient evaluations, treatment progress notes, and discharge summaries for the patient’s medical records in a timely manner as defined by the department policy manual.
- Providing a full range of speech therapy modalities consistent with previous education and experience.
- Assist with the clinical affiliations of speech therapy students.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE: Education: Master’s degree in communication disorders from an institution which affords eligibility noted below
Job Type: Part-time
- Speech Language Pathologist: 1 year
- * licensure and Certificate of Clinical Competence from American Speech-Language Hearing Association