The Histotechnician is responsible for processing histological (tissue) specimens according to prescribed techniques.
1. Cuts tissue into ribbon sections using the microtome in a timely manner.
2. Gross small biopsy specimens as needed.
3. Mounts tissue sections and prepares slides for microscopic examination.
4. Prepares and stains slides per established procedures for histochemical stains and immunohistochemical stains as requested.
5. Reports to supervisor promptly when supplies are needed.
6. Accepts surgical specimens per established procedures.
7. Prepares tissue from surgical and autopsy specimens for dehydration and embedding into paraffin blocks.
8. Performs all system functions necessary to achieve the timely reporting of results.
ASCP Certification is a plus
1+ Years of experience