Extended Job Title
Regional Director of Nurses- West
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
691501 - Psych Montford Unit
Supervises and delegates nursing care of members of the health team. May perform nursing care based on staffing needs. Functions within the legal scope of practice and in accordance with the policies and procedures of the organization and practice setting. Plans, organizes, directs, and evaluates patient care services. Provides supervision and direction to subordinate nursing staff to ensure a safe, efficient, and professional environment.
Up to 50%
Ensures nursing staff are properly educated and supervised to perform job functions.
Monitors communication of patient data using Electronic Health Record to support decision making for delivery of optimal patient care.
Investigate quality of care concerns.
Conducts departmental staff meetings.
Responsible for nursing service aspects of Quality Improvement, ORA, ATC and other audit surveys.
This valuable team member shall perform work in a manner that reflects the Values of TTUHSC:
ONE TEAM unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission
KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands, and a positive attitude
INTEGRITY be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking.
VISIONARY nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit
BEYOND SERVICE create and deliver positive defining moments
Minimum Hire Rate
Negotiable - Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications
Basic computer skills. Previous specialty/subspecialty experience in area where applying. Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred.
HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
Psych Montford Unit
Cover Letter, Professional License or Certification, Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
- Generous paid time off, sick leave, and holiday schedule
- 100% paid health insurance for full time employees, 50% paid for dependents
- Dental, vision, long-term, and short-term disability benefits.
- State of Texas pension plan that vests in 5 years.
- State Employee tuition forgiveness and tuition assistance for continuing education
- Medical liability insurance for all licensed health care employees.
- And much more.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
* A current R.N. license as approved by the Texas State Board of Nursing or ability to transfer license to Texas. Education/Experience: * A Bachelor's degree from an approved accredited University; at least four years of nursing experience, of which two of those years are in a supervisory capacity, OR graduated from an approved accredited nursing program; at least six years of nursing experience of which two of those years are in a supervisory capacity