RETAIL ASSOCIATE - Part-Time Position
Our mission is to Change Lives through the Power of Work!
- Family-friendly hours
- Flexible schedule
- Closed on major holidays
- Employee discount
- Caring & Inclusive culture
- Supports a great cause!
This position is responsible for receiving and processing donated goods and materials at the retail store, including maintaining the sales floor and operating cash registers.
- Receive donated items.
- Sort donations by category.
- Complete paperwork.
- Operate cash register.
- Maintain displays.
- Stock merchandise.
- Remove empty hangers and outdated merchandise according to rotation schedule.
- Maintain general appearance of the store including general housekeeping.
Textiles and Hardlines Processing:
- Follow sorting and pricing guidelines.
- Recognize name brand, vintage, and collectible items.
- Size and hang textiles.
- Differentiate materials and place in proper containers, z-racks, etc.
- Operate powered industrial trucks and other material handling equipment to move containers and merchandise.
- Assemble / Disassemble containers, gaylords, Kit bins.
- Make proper use of available space and materials.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Inside generally 100%, however, may include outside work on occasion.
- Limited emotional effort. Work environment routine with periods of isolated high stress. Short deadlines require some overtime. Weekends and holidays are required.
- Available and on call for an emergency situation at stores.
Medium work, occasionally exerting up to 50 pounds of force and/or up to 25 pounds of lifting, frequent lifting up to 10pounds, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending, climbing, reaching, handling, hearing, talking, seeing, and repetitive movement.
- Must be able to provide positive internal and external customer relations and to easily interact and work with individuals referred for training.
- Demonstrate ability to think independently in supervisor's absence.
- Meet production goals.
- Demonstrate quality control and accuracy with sorting and pricing guidelines.
- Kaizen principles: follow 6S Checklist, procedures, signage, and layout.
- Maintain a valid powered industrial truck license, when required.
Job Type: Part-time