The M+W Group is the leading global partner for architecture, engineering, construction and project management in the fields of Advanced Technology Facilities, the Life Science industries, Energy & Environmental Technologies, Mission Critical, Electronics and other High-Tech Infrastructures. Our focus is technically complex; from concept development to turnkey services, our company manages projects of all sizes ensuring flexibility, rapid realization and cost-effective completion.
We are committed to attracting and retaining the best employees. Our teams bring outstanding expertise to every project, from business and strategic planning to facility maintenance and operations.
We create extraordinary solutions, delivering the unexpected by listening and responding with ingenuity and innovation.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Senior Mechanical Engineer, when performing duties as a Project Engineer, will work in a team environment together with the Project Managers, Project Architects, and staff Engineers to assess, program, master plan, and design projects involving either “Greenfield” construction or renovation/reuse. Projects primarily involve research, development and manufacturing facilities for advanced technology clients in biotechnology, pharmaceutical, nanotechnology, semiconductor, and renewable energies markets, as well as projects in the military and government market segments.
When performing duties as a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will be integral at the Discipline Levels in the preparation of Quality Reviews, and solving or facilitating the resolution of complex technical or design problems. You will work with the Senior Engineers and Leads from other platforms to help develop designs, details, and specification standards, and mentor intern engineers and junior staff regarding technical development. The Senior Mechanical Engineer in this position shall be experienced in calculation, design, selection, specification and construction of mechanical and plumbing systems for commercial and industrial building. You will work with team members from the other M+W U.S., Inc. office locations to improve and develop tools and procedures related to staffing, training, Intern Development, project delivery, quality control and our Continuous Improvement Program (CIP).
- Work closely with design and technical teams, including the Project Managers, Project Engineers, Project Architects, and Project Specialists, while supporting or leading the development of design deliverables, such as Construction drawings, specifications, calculations, and cost estimates
- Direct the performance of engineering tasks by other discipline team members for the design of utilities and HVAC (wet/dry) and Plumbing systems for high technology facilities including cleanrooms, general manufacturing/process facilities, and institutional facilities
- Apply industry standard practices and innovations relating to energy efficiency
- Understand and apply building codes and standards
- Coordinate heating & cooling load calculations using Trane Trace or other building simulation software
- Direct the use of PIPE-FLO fluid flow analysis software to design, optimize and troubleshoot fluid piping systems
- Direct the use of CAEPIPE piping system stress analysis software to determine weight, pressure, temperature, & earthquake impacts on system design
- Develop system sequences of operation and P&ID’s
- Work includes some travel to project sites to verify existing conditions as well as installation verification during construction
- The Senior Mechanical Engineer will interface with clients, attend client interviews, assist in preparation of proposals, estimate manhours, and use project workflow documents
- Mentor and develop staff engineers and designers
- Other duties as assigned
Must be adept in Microsoft Office Suite
Solid understanding of Psychrometrics, Thermodynamics, Fluid Dynamics, Heat Transfer and related applications.
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
Familiarity with Trane Trace, PIPE-FLO, CAEPIPE, AutoCAD, Revit MEP and building information modeling
Experience in control sequences of operation and developing system P&ID’s
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Minimum 10-15 Years of experience in the design of mechanical systems in high technology facilities
Attractive salaries, supportive environments, and excellent benefits allow for growth and career development with M+W Group. If you want to join a dynamic environment that supports its employees to move up instead of move on, please apply.
NO OUTSIDE RECRUITERS OR AGENCIES
M+W Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The M+W Group provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.