RTI International has openings for a Bachelor's level Statistician in our Research Triangle Park, NC office. Please note: We are seeking Bachelor's level candidates only for this position and are not seeking candidates with advanced degrees for this position. May/June 2019 graduates are welcome to apply.
- Apply standard statistical and/or data management software package(s) to execute data processing, and data analysis activities
- Conduct routine/established data processing and data analysis under supervision
- Develop solutions to problems where established theories and techniques have been identified or where procedures are to be used
- Assist in the preparation, presentation, and follow-up of research proposals by providing computer programming support, literature reviews and effective bio-sketches
- Carry out appropriate professional development efforts
- A strong interest in developing expertise in the content and specific data we are working with (not just playing with numbers in a vacuum)
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Biostatistics or Mathematics.
- Some proficiency with SAS (Sample of SAS code required, but we will train you.)
- GPA within major of 3.3 or higher (on 4.0 scale).
- Inquisitive and detail oriented. Must enjoy investigating details and figuring out the solutions to problems (e.g. digging through the details to determine why two values that should match do not)
- Demonstrated data manipulation and data management skills.
- Excellent written communication skills as evidenced in the cover letter.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.