Sobremesa Hospitality Management, LLC is a group dedicated to developing brands and concepts that are guest centric, community focused, and value driven. We provide support for brands such as Dos Olivos Markets, Alta Gama, and Tropical Smoothie Café, throughout Central and South Texas. Our culture empowers every individual to be their best, and in turn, it inspires how we care for each other and our guests. We offer a thriving culture and new opportunities. Come grow with us!
The General Accountant will plan and direct the accounting activities of the department.
- Manages the accounting staff who are responsible for financial reporting, billing, collections, payroll, and budget preparation.
- Recruits and hires accounting and financial staff and conducts performance evaluations.
- Coordinates training programs for new staff and identifies training needs for current staff.
- Establishes internal controls and guidelines for accounting transactions and budget preparation.
- Oversees preparation of business activity reports, financial forecasts, and annual budgets.
- Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or financial reporting standards.
- Responsible for tax planning throughout the fiscal year; files annual corporate tax return.
- Audits accounts to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations; coordinates with outside auditors and provides needed information for the annual external audit.
- Presents recommendations to management on short- and long-term financial objectives and policies.
- Provides financial analysis with an emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
- Eight years or more of related experience required.
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred.
- Healthcare Benefits
- Vacation & Personal Time Off
- Employee Brand Discounts
- Growth Opportunities
- Paid Training
- Employee Development
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
Work Location: One location