As an employee proficient in technical writing, the Change Control Procedure Specialist II is responsible for creating or updating a broad range of process maps, and procedures for every line of business at the bank. The individual will create new procedures and process maps from scratch after interviewing the business capturing the entire process from beginning to end. The candidate will be forward thinking who produces results rather than wait for them. The Procedures Writer is adept at translating both non-technical and technical concepts into clear, accurate and concise documentation for a diverse audience.
- Create or update material to meet standardized requirements via writing, formatting within the change control standards
- Interview the business to create or update process procedures, control procedures, and process maps for all lines of business related to processes that have already been documented.
- Locate and insert in each procedure, the policies and controls related to the process.
- Create links in the procedure, to the tools, websites, or other locations either in the procedure or to other destinations outside of the procedure.
- Escalate to management when team standards cannot be met.
- Participates in kickoff and closeout project meetings with the business.
- Lists the controls in the procedure as designated by the business.
- Validates and updates hyperlinks in procedures to other sources such but not limited to external websites, other procedures, policies, process maps.
- Writes procedures and process maps based from inventory of work assigned by management.
- Tailors the level and detail of communication appropriately to meet the needs of the target audience.
- Partner with each business to update or retire documented processes at the request of the business.
- Keeps informed of process changes and system/technical changes and enhancements to determine the need for revisions, corrections, and changes in previously published material.
- Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude.
- Holds regularly scheduled progress check-ins with the business manager.
- Potentially, act as Quality Control for created procedures and process maps before they are submitted to the business for documented approvals.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of policies, process maps, and procedures for the Midland States Bank enterprise.
- Observes all security, privacy and compliance requirements.
- Act as a backup to management for routing requests from the business to create or update procedures.
- Act as a backup for low to moderate call volumes to support internal staff when questions, concerns and issues arise from customers regarding products and services.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment with minimal involvement from management unless there is an escalation needed.
- Attention to detail and focus on time management will be critical.
- Has the ability to partner with various personalities to keep the process documentation on point with the expected deadlines.
- Associates degree and/or 2-4 years of relevant banking experience.
- Must possess superior customer service skills
- Is proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Possess a beginner understanding of Microsoft SharePoint.
- Previous project management experience is a plus.
- Skill in editing writing for punctuation, syntax and grammar.
- Energy, Drive, Ambition
- Learns From Mistakes
- Putting People at Ease
- Getting Information, Making Sense of It; Problem Identification
- Being a Quick Study
- Knowledge: Trade and Business
- Shows Concern for Order and Clarity
Midland States Bancorp, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other applicable federal or state-protected classification.