Huntsville, AL 35824 USA
Minimum Years Experience:Travel Involved:
Responsible for the hiring, professional development, career advancement and utilization of trade employees.
General Superintendent, Deputy Operations Manager, Operations Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
- Work with jobsite Supervisors, including Superintendents, Project Managers (PMs), and Project Executives (PXs) in coordinating manpower needs.
- Work with Human Resources (HR) to pose open positions. Review applications/resumes to assess applicants’ qualifications for open positions. Contact and interview qualified candidates to further assess their skills.
- Extend conditional offers to qualified applicants to successfully complete the Turner interview process. Provide disposition updates to HR for applicant tracking purposes.
- Work with jobsite supervisor to coordinate applicant’s first day of work and new hire orientation.
- Visit job sites on a regular basis to main connectivity with trade employees and jobsite supervisors.
- Work with jobsite supervisors to ensure timely completion of annual performance reviews.
- Work with jobsite supervisors in identifying high potential trade employees. Recommend training needs to help further develop these employees.
- Maintain Training Roster for hourly trade employees.
- Maintain the Employee Location Log monthly.
- Manage grade employee discipline issues and termination process. Engage HR as needed and ensure all necessary documentation is completed.
- Implement hourly wage assessments, merit increases, and incentive programs.
- Work with Preconstruction and Business Development departments on pursuits.
Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of ten years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office Suite, SAP, and SharePoint. Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Must be able to travel 50%+ of the time.
Performance of the duties will occasionally require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud. P a g e | 2 Trades Manager August 2015
- May perform other duties as assigned. Where applicable, all activities will include disabled and veterans’ organizations.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer —minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor