At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling:
To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Why work for IBM Systems Marketing?
Startups are exciting. That’s why we’ve never stopped. For over a century IBM has been a company of inventors and innovators. We power the most important industries on the planet
from finance to telecommunications to scientific research. You may not know it but there's hardly a part of your daily life that isn't touched by an IBM Systems client.
You’re a content marketing expert and you know digital, so let’s talk about what you’ll do.
At IBM Systems, you’ll invent things. A new way to tell a story. A smarter strategy. Better ways of working. You’ll be part of a top-performing team who has fun, learns from failures and innovates every day. (You don’t get to be 105 years old any other way.)
The IBM Systems team has first dibs on just about every cool pilot in the company. We're design thinkers who get to spend time honing new skills. We’ve changed the way IBM does marketing. Oh yeah, and we make mainframes – the Big Iron beneath the hood of just about everything big anyone’s ever done with data – and all the data storage and software that it takes to build the next-gen IT infrastructure that can think, learn, predict, and compete in the cognitive era. For most, the future is coming. At IBM Systems, we're already delivering it.
If you like the idea of working on a legendary brand – yes, the one that invented the typewriter, the personal computer, the mainframe, and put a man on the moon – then come create with us and be its voice.
IBM Systems leads in transformation. What we do for our clients, we’re doing for ourselves all the time: reinventing, learning what it takes to stay ahead of technological shifts and building what comes next. We’re good at change because we’ve never been afraid of it. If you’re the same, join us in our next big reveal.
About Content Marketing at IBM
People are bombarded and disrupted by over 14,000 messages a day. The world doesn’t need more content; it needs better content. Hence, the “IBM Originals” approach to content was created to be the storytelling arm of IBM. We create stories and content experiences that matter to our audiences, move them to act, and cut through the noise in the market.
We believe that content is the best way to build relationships at scale and that stories must be creatively told, uniquely delivered, and useful to our audience. Do you have what it takes? Want to be part of a company where science and creativity collide to make the new big bang in content?
About Your Role
You’ll drive content success across a business unit, roles and regions, facilitating content strategy, alignment and efficiency through a centralized, consolidated and coordinated methodology for content lifecycle management. You’ll work closely with copywriters, designers, digital strategists and project managers to create and plan relevant, new digital, social and mobile content
strategies and campaigns.
Engaging the customer in their journey through compelling storytelling, you must balance tactical expertise with an audience-first approach to planning and overseeing the content strategy, requirements, and deliverables. You are committed to flawless execution and have a passion for creating data- and outcome-driven content experiences in a collaborative environment.
You’ll report to our IBM Systems’ Worldwide Editor-in-Chief, and your responsibilities include:
o A client-first strategy:
- Digital Content Strategy: Collaborate with web, paid and social on the content process from ideation to publication for both organic and paid digital content. You will drive digital content plans and collaborate with a variety of stakeholders to publish content across IBM Systems digital properties.
Identify areas of opportunity in the market, and create comprehensive strategies that resonate with customers’ needs and wants.
o Competitive analysis:
Analyze competitors for their strengths, weaknesses, and unique ways they pursue customers. Use that data to inform strategies that will stand out from the noise and appeal to a targeted audience.
o Content audits & map/gap analysis
o Pipeline management:
Ensure production hits editorial calendar and project milestones, stays within budget and meets delivery dates
o Playbook creation for consumption on a global scale
- Storytelling: Take a comprehensive and strategic approach to storytelling, including the ability to:
o Tie together big ideas/concepts in a way that engages customers
o Authentically lead customers to the appropriate IBM solution
o Create targeted and differentiated buyer-centric narratives
- Innovation: Continually explore the newest industry trends, technology, tools, industry insights and platforms to:
o Uniquely tell our story
o Develop testing plans
o Keep us relevant
- Content Performance: Work with analysts and other teams to monitor content performance and:
o Identify content trends on digital initiatives drawing on your knowledge of copywriting, video and graphic design, and social media channel nuances and audience behavior
o Understand which content or standards need to be adjusted, repackaged, or eliminated
o Ensure all content meets SEO guidelines, has keyword focus, cross links and contains clear calls to action
o Develop testing plans, working with digital and campaign strategists to ensure all testing is aligned to the role/goal of the content strategy
- Content marketing performance
- SEO ranking improvements and web engagement
- Marketing influence and direct contribution to sales pipeline
- Content strategy, content and editing quality
- Internal customer satisfaction, ratings
- Sales, business partner and geo adoption of enablement materials
- BU content teams’ adoption and alignment to new content processes and procedures
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent years of experience required.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 7-10 years of experience in brand and content strategy/planning in digital/content/media
- Self-directed, thrives in a fast-paced environment, strong communication skills
- Strong understanding of optimal multi-channel approach: social, digital, media, and content metrics. Knowledge of media planning, distribution, measurement, optimization, and syndication of content
- Excellent skills in gathering, synthesizing, and analyzing internal and external research and organizing these insights into sound content strategies shareable across channels
- Familiarity with content/social/SEO
- Passionate about and a successful track record in taking a new-media approach to content and using data to inspire ideas
- A portfolio that demonstrates your ability to facilitate and initiate creative thinking in content creation and content strategy
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world's most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.