This role will focus on leading a team and managing a suite of business intelligence platforms tasked with growing our organization’s understanding of our customers and their behavior within our CVS Pharmacy front store business. We are looking for a remarkable leader to transform the way that our merchandising and supplier community utilize and integrate customer insights into every key decision by identifying, understanding, and elevating her needs using our best-in-class loyalty data.
The Senior Manager of Customer Analytics will need to be the Chief Analyst, Chief Educator, and Chief Customer Advocate of our organization – finding new, innovative, and exciting ways to bring our customer to life in exceptionally meaningful ways for our leadership and key stakeholders. We are looking for an energetic and outgoing leader whose thirst for knowledge is never truly quenched, with an unmatched passion for using data to unlock and uncover actionable insights that can re-imagine the way that we understand and engage our customers.
As the Senior Manager of Customer Analytics, you will work closely with a team of analysts and data scientists charged with uncovering actionable customer insights and be accountable for the development and execution of complex customer analysis, profiling, and segmentation efforts – all geared towards increasing the Customer IQ of our merchants and our supplier partners to drive profitable growth for our front store retail business.
Your Typical Day Here Could Include:
This Job Might Be For You If:
- Scoping, planning, and managing quantitative analyses that will yield critical answers to the questions at hand – or providing feedback to a junior team member on the analysis he/she’s working through
- Developing a story and accompanying deck that concisely summarizes findings across several initiatives and creates specific recommendations for the executive management team
- Constructing simple-to-complex SQL statements to mine data out of an extremely robust Teradata data warehouse – to be used and transformed in subsequent analysis.
- Developing or optimizing our data and reporting strategies
- Developing and maintaining our internal and external facing analytics platform, and providing guidance and consultation to the merchants, analysts, and shopper marketers who use it
- Developing and evolving a strategy for the monetization of our data assets and analytic resources
- Assisting with the negotiation of CPG and supplier contracts
- You feel a personal connection with CVS’ mission of helping customers on their path to better health
- You’re a natural or aspiring leader – and you know that leadership means more than just managing your direct reports
- You enjoy solving complex problems, and are genuinely excited at the opportunity to source ideas and solutions collaboratively from across a vast enterprise
- You can take complicated concepts and communicate them effectively to a variety of audiences. You write well. You pay attention to the details. You can articulate your thoughts eloquently. You have a track record of successfully influencing senior leadership and clients.
- You enjoy working in teams with a diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. You get satisfaction from mentoring junior team members and seeing them succeed. You listen to others’ ideas with an open mind.
- You value innovation. You are comfortable questioning the status quo. You are willing to take calculated risks. You are always looking for new ways to improve existing processes or methodologies. You don’t shy away from challenging the “norm” when you believe you have a more effective, efficient, or pragmatic solution.
- You understand and appreciate the value of time and are prepared to be the guardian of yours and your team’s calendars and workload – shielding them and their time from unnecessary distractions.
- You are genuinely committed to and excited about the opportunity to develop team members and help them become even greater than they are today, and you are willing to give them opportunities to get exposure that their job may not require of them.
This role is based in Woonsocket, RI.
- 3+ years of experience in a role that involves strategic problem solving, analytics, content development, or storytelling using big data
- 1+ years of experience utilizing SQL
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Tableau
- Exceptionally proficient with PowerPoint and Excel
- The ability to foster effective working relationships with and persuade diverse business leaders based on fact and reason, with an emphasis on achieve tangible and meaningful long term results
- A highly developed ability to manage, develop, and mentor more junior team members to successfully
evaluate complex business opportunities
- Experience using programming other than SQL to mine, extract, and model data (VBA, R, Python, etc.)
- The ability to communicate effectively and succinctly with a diverse range of stakeholders, both verbally and on paper, and with all levels of an organization
- Experience using transactional data to profile customers and develop customer segments
- Ability to partner and collaborate extremely effective, and respectfully – with IT and other non-business partners
- Experience managing and developing business intelligence tools and platforms
- 1+ years of experience negotiating contracts
Bachelor degree or equivalent experience using or leveraging big data to surface actionable insights and opportunities
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.