The Sr. Industrial Designer focuses on finding solutions to client needs. This role uses presentation materials, research, material samples, logic and strategy to bring solutions for products the company manufactures. This role also resolves conflicts and applies resolutions to team conflicts and project solutions.
- Reads publications, attends showings, and consults with engineering, marketing, production, and sales representatives to establish design concepts.
- Evaluates design ideas based on factors such as appealing appearance, design-function relationships, serviceability, materials and methods engineering, methods of production, and client specifications.
- Presents designs to clients and discusses need for modification and change.
- Prepares illustrations, builds simulated model, designs product packaging and graphics for advertising.
- Designs products for custom applications.
Additional duties as assigned
Qualifications / Requirements
PHYSICAL ASPECTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Bachelor’s Degree in industrial design, engineering or related field
- Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s) preferred
- 6+ years of previous industrial design experience
- Occasional travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
- Possess a mechanical aptitude; ability to use a large variety of hand tools and basic knowledge of power tools, forklifts, welding equipment, and cutting torch.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and talk, hear and see.
- Regularly/Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. * Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.