We are actively seeking a successful professional with the energy and self-motivation to excel in our Regional Sales Manager position. This position is key to achieving sales and profit targets for the business and is reflected in competitive compensation and bonus potential.
The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for the entire Midwest Region of the United States which includes Western Canada. Due to the location of the position, the ideal candidate will reside in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota or Wisconsin. This position will be responsible for selling our Measurement & Monitoring, Protection & Control and Sensor products both directly to customers and through a representative network.
Position Requirements:Essential Functions/Responsibilities:
Knowledge and Skills:
- Developing, growing and managing sales plans, goals, and associated activities to achieve regional bookings and profit targets.
- Training and managing existing representatives and OEMs in our utility and process sales channel.
- Locating, developing and training new distributors, OEMs, and end users on our products to promote them in the marketplace.
- Becoming the champion of all present and future Power Instruments products.
The Regional Sales Manager will be required to have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution preferably in Electrical Engineering or Business.
- Experience in the Utility industry in particular metering, power systems communications and protection areas of the business.
- Proven strategic planning skills.
- Ability to work independently with a highly proactive work style.
- Ability to partner across all levels and functional areas of the organization to ensure customer needs are met.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers.
- Ability to resolve customer issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- 5-7 years’ experience selling technical products in the Utility market specifically for the protection & control, metering, or related engineering departments within the Power Transmission and Distribution market.
- 5-7 years’ experience in selling technical products both directly to OEM’s and/or through channel partners
- Demonstrated proof through past results the ability to grow revenue and effectively manage sales channels.
AMETEK's Corporate Growth Plan is founded on four key strategies: Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions & Alliances, Global & Market Expansion, and New Products. Its objectives are double-digit annual percentage growth in earnings per share and a superior return on total capital. We are looking for A-players who will embrace these goals and objectives and are willing to reach beyond.
We are a New York Stock Exchange-listed company (ticker symbol: AME). We strive to recognize, appreciate, and value diversity within our corporate culture. AMETEK Power Instruments provides a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term and long-term disability, and 401(k) with company match. We have a casual work environment. AMETEK Power Instruments is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V