Job Title: Market Associate
FLSA Status: Hourly/Non Exempt
As an ambassador of Eataly, the Market Associate will oversee many aspects of the guest experience and connect with guests and team members to create a personalized, educational, and seamless customer experience. He or she will be consistently and highly engaging, adaptable, and autonomous, as he or she will be expected to always greet and go above and beyond in offering assistance to guests. The Market Associate will use his or her exceptional interpersonal skills, customer service skills, and product knowledge to ultimately drive sales and improve customer satisfaction for all Eataly guests.
The Market Associate will be self-motivated and eager to immerse oneself in Italian culture in order to proactively expand and maintain product knowledge. We are looking for a keen multi-tasker and someone who is able to remain patient and engaging during high-volume periods. Our Market Associate will understand customer shopping behaviors and will be able to constantly and thoughtfully adapt to different customer needs and situations. We will need a team player, liaising with colleagues across Eataly to create memorable guest experiences – from providing product recommendations and food and beverage pairings, to telling the stories behind the unique products and services offered at Eataly, to brainstorming new ways to engage and interact with guests. The Market Associate will also be responsible for working with the Guest Relations, Grocery, and Events & Education teams to coordinate and facilitate product demos for highlighted products.
In addition, the Market Associate will assist the Grocery team in maintaining the appearance of displays throughout the day and will collect floor feedback related to missing products or product/service complaints, directing escalated issues to the appropriate department.
Essential Job Functions (Duties & Responsibilities):
1. Provides the highest level of service in accordance with the Eataly guest service standards model
2. Actively approaches guests to offer product, producer and vendor knowledge to maximize the shopping experience and in doing so, demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of all Eataly products
3. Work with Guest Relations, Grocery, and Events & Education teams to coordinate and facilitate product demos for highlighted products
4. Listens, asks questions and communicates with guests to understand and suggest specific food and beverage items to compliment guests' shopping needs
5. Shares the stories of the people and places behind all of Eataly’s products
6. Works independently and expected to proactively stay engaged with guests at all times while striving to anticipate the guests’ needs and to be an integral part of the Eataly shopping experience
7. Circulates store regularly to ensure shopping carts are always available in designated areas. Maintain safe and cleanly work environment according to all department procedures, federal and state regulations. Perform light cleaning duties such as sweeping, dusting, and packaging disposal as necessary
8. Receive product deliveries, ensuring order and invoice accuracy and noting discrepancies.
9. Stock, rotate merchandise and face product according to department procedure and attractively per quality standards
Additional job duties as needed include:
1. Assess departmental food waste with department heads and divert that waste to donations – compile and package donations, coordinate pick up with charity, record and report inventory/transfers
2. Attend marketing meetings and communicate full breakdown to guest relations
3. Create window display with La Scuola Coordinator to tie classes to retail products. Collect the data from the Scuola surveys and compile the survey results to observe trends
4. Respond to tour inquiries, schedule private tours, communicate tour details with departments and lead all tours. Assess store happenings/themes and guest feedback and adjust tours accordingly
1. Passion for providing an exceptional guest experience for all visitors
2. In-depth knowledge of Italian food and beverage and a natural curiosity to expand his or her knowledge
3. Basic understanding of cooking techniques in relation to Eataly’s products
4. Strong verbal and written communication skills
5. Ability to self-manage and multi-task
6. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
7. Must be able to bend, stoop, and stand for long periods at a time
8. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
9. Must be able to communicate and understand directions and instructions