Health Insurance Innovations, Inc. (HIIQ) - (NASDAQ: HIIQ), is a company with a deep commitment to creating a work environment in which our team members can flourish. We’re a publicly traded, rapidly growing company on the lookout for talented, dedicated professionals who enjoy very competitive salary and benefit packages (including health/vision/Life/STD/LTD/401(k)/Flex Spending Accounts) as well as Generous Paid Time off and company-paid holidays.
This position is responsible for ensuring accurate accounting, reporting and compliance with US GAAP. Focus will be on working with Sr. Corporate Accountant with accounting month end close and other general accounting duties. Monthly account analysis and reconciliations, processing of high volume journal entries. will also be required of this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares general ledger journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
• Enter bank transactions, wires, and ACH transfers
• Perform general ledger account analysis and account reconciliations
• Assist with month end accruals and variance analysis
• Research and resolve significant flux's in monthly account balances
• Assist with review of AP postings for PPD’s, accruals, and setup recurring JE’s as needed
• Find / improve and implement efficiencies when ever possible
• Support quarterly and year end internal and external audit requests
• Prepares various consolidated reporting and variance analyses
• Perform other additional duties / ad-hoc requests as assigned.
Education and Work Experience:
• A bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance is required
• 1 - 3 years of applicable corporate accounting experience is required
• Ability to work in a high performance atmosphere while being detailed oriented
• Ability to investigate options to improve general accounting processes
• Ability to solve work-flow problems
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
• Ability to multi-task and maintain department in a fast paced, growing and changing environment
• Demonstrable proficiency with Excel (skills may be tested at time of hire)
• Effective oral, written and listening communication skills
Due to the nature of Health Insurance Innovations needs, regular and reliable attendance is required. Individuals must be able to work at least a 40 hour work week, Monday through Friday, and be available as situations arise requiring extended hours.