Full-time | ContractEstimated: $72,000 - $94,000 a year
Full Job Description
Provides Compliance and Governance support of the government customers’ programs, provides recommendations on solutions to issues, and proposes new best practice in the areas of:
- Audit compliance and reporting
- Information support plan management
- Knowledge Management Support
- Air Force Cyber Assurance Instruction coordination and development
- Understand and interpret governance, provide technical expertise in support to customers, staff, and leadership. Analyze recommendations, policy, and guidance, and provide recommendations on interpretation and solutions for problem areas.
- Oversight and guidance on acquisition, organization, packaging, dissemination, preservation and archiving of information for the enterprise.
- Evaluation, execution, and improvement of audit compliance and reporting initiatives.
- Provide reporting on issues in association with Section 508 compliance of enterprise systems.
- Development and review of information support plans.
- Use software tools, databases, and/or programs to build reports, gather information from across the organization, consolidate responses, and propose new or modified policies to implement best practices or new policy/guidance directed from the customer.
- Evaluate system change proposals and provide recommendations based on guidance and policy relating to each program. Advocate for the program and provide innovative recommendations to automate annual reporting requirements.
- Assure all program audits are performed annually; perform quarterly audits and quarterly updates as needed.
- Distill and present information to senior leaders to provide impact, implications, recommendations and solutions while using commonly used terms and definitions.
- Analyze, coordinate, and respond to requests for IT Compliance and Governance information from across U.S. Air Force’s Air Combat Command and the Department of the Air Force CIO.
- Analyze emerging DOD and Air Force IT/Cyber policy and doctrine to determine impact, risk, and implementation strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field - or equivalent experience
- Five (5) years of experience in areas such as cyber system engineering or compliance / governance
- Three (3) years of experience as a staff officer (Military, Government, or Contractor) in a U.S. AF MAJCOM, Combatant Command, Service Staff or equivalent organization preferred
- Experience in program/project management preferred
- Knowledge Management certification or training evidence preferred
- Possess IAT or IAM Level II certification; CAP or CISSP certification preferred
- Ability to assess customer needs and translate to solutions
- Effective verbal and written communication, including presentation skills
- Effective interpersonal and conflict resolutions skills; able to train others
- Possess an active DoD clearance
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- cyber system engineering or compliance / governance: 5 years (Preferred)
- staff officer in Combatant Command or Service Staff: 3 years (Preferred)
- IAT or IAM Level II certification (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings