The Employee and Community Relations Generalist is responsible for effective coordination of employee programs, administering HR policies, programs and special projects, sourcing and recruiting hourly and salary employees, and coordinating employee relations activities, as well as many other HR-related activities.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
Required Competencies & Knowledge:
- Assist with evaluating and analyzing site compliance to policies.
- Assist in hourly sourcing strategies by recruiting, interviewing, processing, conducting orientation and training.
- Provide support in addressing issues with interpreting, training and applying company policies, programs and benefits.
- Assist in maintaining reports to track KPI's, such as attendance, disciplinary warnings, turnover and FMLA usage.
- Assist with the employee relations process to include conducting intake interviews for employee complaints, reviewing and approving leave requests, conducting due diligence analysis and reports for Employee Relations Manager.
- Assist with communication and tracking of training and recognition programs to include the HFS University Classes, Skillsoft, and Tuition Reimbursements.
- Facilitate the lead development programs; facilitate the interviews and promotion process; track and report out progress; assist with training of new leads.
- Assist or lead employee events to include the planning, communication and implementation of recognition events, employee cookouts, wellness and safety events.
- Assist with tracking KPIs in the Employee Services and Employee Relations areas.
- Hearthside procurement, products, and production processes
- Knowledge and experience with Kronos, Excel, and Lotus Notes (ADP a plus)
- Strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude, ability to be flexible in constantly changing work environment.
- Strong generalist background, strong computer skills (MS Office, Kronos, Excel), ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Bilingual Spanish a plus.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Successfully multi-task
- Ensure collaborative relationships with industry, trade, other associations, regulatory agencies and Hearthside staff.
- Lead 'best in class' behaviors with focus on safety, quality, and policy focus
- Work effectively with all levels of the organization.
MS Office Suite, Kronos, and Excel; ADP a plus
- Work is primarily done in an office setting.
- Infrequent production environment exposure which includes noise, dust, moving machinery, fork lifts, and fluctuations in temperature.
- Sitting at a work station for extended periods of time
- Stand, walk, climb stairs on an infrequent basis
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds on an infrequent basis.
- Bachelor Degree in related Business field or combination of education and experience.
- 1 to 3 years HR experience as a generalist in a high-performance ISO or World Class Manufacturing environment.
- Recent graduate with internship/co-op experience will be considered
- PHR certification a plus
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled