Kelly Services® has been providing outstanding employment opportunities to the most talented individuals in the marketplace. We are proud to offer a long-term temporary opportunity to work as a Biological Sample Management Associate at a prestigious Fortune 500® company working in Santa Monica.
This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, you must use the “Submit Resume” button to submit your resumes. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter for this position (Brooke.Schoen@kellyservices.com) however your resume must be received via the “Submit Resume” button included within.
Biological Sample Management Associate
$39.75 per hour depending on experience
We are seeking a Biological Sample Management Associate to join our Translational Medicine team. This individual will report to a Translational Medicine Director and will be responsible for managing contract research laboratories, will oversee Biospecimen sample management and will also provide assistance with biomarker data management. This individual will work cross-functionally with Translational Medicine, Clinical Development, Biometrics and Clinical Data Management to ensure seamless delivery of pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamics, safety and exploratory data to support Kite Pharma’s ongoing clinical trials.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Oversees and manages the biological sample management requirements of several clinical trials within and across development programs
- Understands GCLP requirements
- Accessions and inventories all specimen coming into Kite Translational Medicine Laboratories
- Assists Translational Medicine Scientists by pulling samples required for analysis
- Maintains inventory across multiple critical equipment Temperature controlled units
- Collaborates with Clinical Operations and Translational Sciences on biological sample management tracking and issue resolution
- Understands the Translational Sciences biomarker sample analysis plans and coordinates across multiple clinical programs
- Has a basic understanding of sample collection, processing protocols and shipping conditions
- Understands and has ability to navigate various central laboratory sample management systems to enable generation of sample inventory reports for tracking and placing sample orders
- Understands and has ability to navigate the Kite Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Will assist in the implementation of newer LIMS in partnership with Gilead
- Understands program specific deliverables (eg, analysis, data cut-off timelines) and collaborates with the study teams on development of study specific timelines for laboratory sample analysis and data transfer
- Attends study team meetings as needed
- Assists study team(s) with unique ad hoc requests for sample analysis
- Light travel 10% or as needed
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences (preferred but not required)
- 2-3 years of industry sample management experience or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Basic understanding of clinical trial conduct
- Ability to communication cross functionally
- Organized with ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Detail oriented
- Computer skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Laboratory Information Management Systems; ability to navigate and learn systems (eg, central laboratory system)
We invite you to bookmark our Web site and encourage you to review it regularly for new opportunities worldwide: www.kellyservices.com.
Kelly Services® is a U.S.-based Fortune 500 company. With our global network of branch locations, we are uniquely positioned to provide our customers with international staffing support and our employees with diverse assignments around the world.
Kelly Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Kelly® Science is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.