We are actively seeking a strong Architect/Designer in Seattle, WA to lead projects in our Industrial/Commercial Studio through the design process, production of construction documents, and construction administration as part of a project team. The Architect will also be responsible for developing solutions to technical problems.
- Lead project team with design and technical questions during a project.
- Prepare and oversee the preparation of concept, schematic design, design development and construction documents.
- Prepare project specifications.
- Develop and/or oversee the development of design concepts into complete design development set and further advance into complete construction drawings.
- Oversee material research and compilation of project data and incorporation throughout the project.
- Attend construction meetings and make periodic site observation visits as required.
- Review and understand applicable building codes and other standards.
- Prepare zoning and building code analysis and review.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture from an accredited University.
- 2-6 years’ experience working in the field of Architecture.
- Experience in the Commercial and Industrial field required
- License not required.
- Expertise in AutoCAD and Revit. Basic knowledge of Deltek, MS Project, and Newforma preferred.
- Aptitude to communicate ideas and direction quickly.
- Strong leadership, organization, communication and relationship management skills.
We offer competitive wages based on skills and experience, as well as an excellent benefits package, including: Paid Time Off, medical, dental, 401K, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts, and more. NELSON is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance