Supports operations by delivering and setting up furniture and/or other merchandise in the customer’s home. These duties and necessary functions are to be performed safely, professionally and in a timely manner and remain on schedule to meet our customer expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Load, unload, prepare, inspect and operate company delivery vehicle.
- Support work processes by reading delivery orders, verifying and thoroughly inspecting merchandise to be loaded for delivery.
- Maintain a safe and orderly loading of items on trucks or unloading items.
- Efficiently map delivery route and schedule delivery appointment with customer. Maintain delivery status and communicate expected time of arrival to the customer, i.e. running late or behind on deliveries
- Obtain customer signature upon delivery and collect any payments. Provide customer with any necessary paperwork.
- Respond to all individuals in a professional, courteous and timely manner. Successfully handle any customer or merchandise problems.
- Conduct routine visual vehicle inspections and check to ensure all safety equipment is in proper working order. Report any vehicle damage or maintenance needs to the Supervisor.
- Daily maintain a clean and orderly vehicle
- Update job knowledge by participating in training, follow all company polices, safety rules and procedures including all highway traffic laws.
- Provide guidance and instructions to the delivery helper.
- Receive oral and written instructions from Delivery Supervisor.
- Assume any additional duties that may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be able to lift and carry heavy objects using proper lifting and handling techniques.
- Must know how to read and interpret instructions
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate instructions verbally and in writing.
- Detail oriented including excellent time management skills.
- Highly organized, reliable and extremely trustworthy.
- Good decision-making skills, with the ability to analyze information and implement the best solution to solve problems or challenges.
- Demonstrate the ability to operate a vehicle according to established safety and risk management practices.
- Be available to work a flexible work schedule, including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Ability to successfully pass a background check and other pre-employment screening.
- Valid DMV license with an excellent MVR.
- DOT medical card.
- Computer skills, with working knowledge of the primary Microsoft Office programs.
- Basic knowledge of reading road maps and use of GPS.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS include but are not limited to:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lift & carry items up to 70 – 150 lbs.
- Frequently move the whole body to perform tasks such as, climbing, lifting, walking, carrying, pushing, pulling the handling of materials.
- Stand or walk for periods of time.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl in awkward positions.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
The work environment is both indoors and outdoors, and behind the wheel of a vehicle.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent