Financial Aid Manager
Galen College of Nursing
Galen College of Nursing is looking for a Financial Aid Manager to provide leadership to campus financial aid staff and assist leadership team at campus level in all areas related to student finances.
- Provide leadership to campus financial aid staff and coordinate workflow within department
- Manage the final step in the enrollment process to assist in meeting admissions goals on a quarterly basis.
- Attend campus department head meetings and ensure consistent communication with campus leadership.
- Thorough documentation in CampusVue regarding student contacts.
- Meet with students to answer questions and/or concerns.
- Provide resolution to packaging issues identified by Main Campus staff.
- Complete forms from students and outside agencies as requested
- Package agency, VA, State Grants, scholarships, private loans, etc. (anything other than Title IV funds). Certifying Official for VA – certify students for VA benefits
- Manage and resolve missing FA Disbursements through “Students Failing Disbursement Criteria”
- Manage the Campus paper Financial Aid file; pull for drops, grads, etc.
- Organize and conduct Financial Aid Workshops weekly or as needed
- Work closely with the FA Document Specialist (CS) to ensure repackages are completed prior to academic year start date.
- Assist in other phases of financial aid as necessary.
- Attend financial aid training, workshops and seminars as necessary
**To be considered candidates must have the following**
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; experience may be considered in lieu of education requirements
- Managerial experience preferred, or experience within the area of (admissions/recruitment/sales) (financial services), higher education, or customer service will be considered in lieu of management experience
- Experience using Microsoft Office systems such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of people
- Position requires great attention to detail, time management skills, willingness to be a team player, and conflict resolution
- Ability to document all communications with students in Campus Vue
- Must have the ability to enroll in and be granted access to all Department of Education websites, including, but not limited to, NSLDS, COD, CPS, etc.
**Only candidates with no prior history of student loan default will be considered**
Physical/Mental Demands & Work Environment:
Must be able to sit at a desk for eight (8) hours at a time.
Degree of Supervision:
Galen College Values:
I foster an environment that provides opportunity for every individual to reach their full potential.
I act with integrity and compassion in all I do.
I own my role and accept responsibility for my actions.
I value every person as an individual with unique contributions worthy of consideration.
I commit myself to the highest level of quality in everything I do.
We are Galen College of Nursing. Our focus is nursing education and our students’ success is all that matters. We offer a unique educational experience we call Pure Nursing. Our knowledgeable and caring faculty and staff take personal interest in helping our students achieve their goals. Galen College is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award Baccalaureate and Associate Degrees. The baccalaureate degree in nursing program at Galen College of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), and the associate degree program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). For complete information related to Galen’s accreditation status, please visit our website.