Full Job Description
For more than 30 years, the Virginia Lottery has been building an amazing organization committed to growth and giving back – and having fun while doing it. We work hard to build authentic relationships with all Virginians by communicating with them in relevant, unique and surprising ways. Operating entirely on revenue from game sales, rather than tax dollars, the Virginia Lottery generates approximately $1.6 million per day for Virginia’s K-12 public schools.
The Virginia Lottery is seeking a Full Stack Sitecore Developer to join our internal IT Department to provide daily support and project-based enhancements of our digital properties while ensuring that all development activity across all digital platforms supports strategic goals.
The qualified candidate for this role will have a strong background in the software development lifecycle and have an in-depth understanding of the Sitecore platform, including industry best practices. Collaboration will be key in this role as our team collaborates with many different groups to drive a positive and consistent experience anywhere our customers engage with us.
Essential duties will include:
– Mentoring and providing guidance for less experienced developers
– Assisting in driving a consistent user experience and implementation of our websites
– Being responsible for all aspects of development including analysis, design, programming, documentation, implementation, and troubleshooting
– Managing, administering and optimizing the Sitecore environment
– Developing responsive design applications with the latest web standards
– Interfacing and developing API end points with XML and JSON documents for data transmission
– Effectively communicating with others in a variety of ways in order to document and inform of project updates and status
The person selected for this position will have:
– Bachelor/Master’s Degree from an accredited 4-year college or university with major studies in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
– 5+ years of experience in Solution, Design and Development of applications using .Net framework
– Sitecore Certified Developer preferred, with extensive knowledge of Sitecore 9.x
– Understanding of Team Foundation Server/Azure DevOps Server or similar tool for version control
– Skills with tools such as TDS and frameworks such as Glass Mapper
– Familiarity with multi-system integration and common issues that can arise when integrating enterprise technologies
– Strong understanding of cloud architecture and administration
– Comprehension of databases and experience working with data and writing queries; Microsoft SQL Server is preferred
– Familiar with agile development and Scrum practices
– Ability to present technical ideas and high-level concepts and solutions to team members with varying degrees of technical knowledge
– Understanding of performance/load testing and optimization techniques
A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
Preferred qualifications include:
– See Minimum Qualifications
The selected candidate will be required to pass a background investigation.
Special Instructions to Applicants
The Virginia Lottery is an independent state agency, and as such all positions are exempt from the Virginia Personnel Act, as well as most Executive Branch human resources policies. The Virginia Lottery is a fun place to work and values diversity in the workforce. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. The Virginia Lottery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Only online applications completed in their entirety will be accepted for this position.
The Virginia Lottery will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants in need of accommodation in order to provide access to the application and/or interview process. If any assistance is needed when applying online, please contact the Virginia Lottery’s Human Resources Department at 804-692-7000.
Applications will be accepted until a suitable pool of candidates is received. After 5 business days, this position may be closed at any time.
Name Human Resources