Chemical Laboratory Technician
TECH 2000 is currently seeking experienced chemical laboratory technician candidates for positions in a client’s Lake Charles, LA Manufacturing Facility. Candidates should have a degree in science and 2-5 years minimum experience in a chemical or polymer laboratory.
Major Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting QA/QC process through routine, daily testing of production samples and reporting of analytical data
- Daily operation of analytical instruments (GC, etc.), along with the calibration, routine maintenance, and troubleshooting of these and more instruments.
- Managing lab inventory and handling of samples.
- Ensure compliance to internal/external procedures and standards requirements.
- Monitor trends in data, and know when to escalate issues to management.
- Take ownership of work and plant processes to lead batch production manufacturing.
- Demonstrate initiative in maintenance and troubleshooting of instrumentation, special projects, or non-compliance of product specifications.
- Quickly grasp and do the work assigned going above and beyond the requirements of the job, willing to take on new work as directed.
- Interact and get along with people of various backgrounds, including co-workers, customers and clients
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s Degree in hard science (Chemistry, Biology, Physics, etc.) with 1-2+ years’ experience in a chemical manufacturing QA/QC lab environment.
- Specialty Chemical, Water Testing, and GC labs preferred.
- Other Science degrees/non-degreed candidates may be considered with more years of relevant experience.
- BS in related science and 1-year experience minimum requirement
- 2-5 years’ experience in a specialty chemical or EO/EG lab
- A strong background and experience in analytical methods is desired.
- Experience with analytical equipment and the ability to troubleshoot and perform maintenance is also desired.
- Computer skills including extensive work with Word and Excel are required.
- Maintain a safe working environment by following established health and safety or chemical hygiene requirements.
- Able to multitask while maintaining a focus on quality and safety.
- Ability to quickly grasp and do the work assigned going above and beyond the requirements of the job, willing to take on new work as directed.
- Shift: 12-hour rotating shifts, plus OT when needed.
- Wage: $24-28/hour
- Location: Lake Charles, LA general area
- Position Type: Contract-to-Hire
ABOUT TECH 2000
DISCOVERING TECH 2000: Over the past quarter of a century, TECH 2000 has been recognized as the trailblazer in scientific staffing. Based upon a growing demand for skilled personnel, TECH 2000 set out on its journey to support the scientific laboratory needs of industry.
Founded in the Gulf Coast and with offices in Texas and Louisiana, TECH 2000 searches for and identifies individuals with laboratory and STEM backgrounds who are able to support our clients staffing requirements.
IDENTIFYING OUR SERVICES: TECH 2000 is a scientific staffing company specializing in placing laboratory personnel into our client facilities. We work consistently to unearth new staffing possibilities so that our clients may discover people with the right skills to join their laboratory and for our employees to utilize their skills, expanding their individual expertise.
We offer contract, contract to hire, and direct hire services. Through ongoing discovery, our competitive talent pool continues to grow allowing us to more rapidly respond to our client’s requests.
Learn more by visiting us at www.tech2000inc.com!
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $24.00 to $28.00 /hour