MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of a professional nurse, (RN), render nursing care to residents; observe and report symptoms and conditions; take and accurately record temperature, respiration, pulse, and blood pressure; assist in the administering of medications and record reactions; maintain records reflecting the residents' conditions; bathe and feed infirm and acutely ill residents; and assist in improving the welfare of the residents. The person holding this position is delegated the responsibility for carrying out the assigned duties and responsibilities in accordance with current existing federal and state regulations and established company policies and procedures.
License/Registration: Board of Examiners of Practical/Vocational Nurses
Continuing Education: As required
Education: Minimum of at least a high school diploma, ability to read, write, and follow written and oral instructions, and successfully complete the prescribed licensed-training program.
Experience: On-the-job training as an integral part of the licensed-training program and at least one year of experience preferred.
Job Knowledge: Nursing policies and procedures, administration of medication, federal and state laws and regulations relative to resident care, facility policies. Standards: Professional standards and the code of ethics must be adhered to at all times.
Professional Memberships: Recommended and encouraged
Other: Cooperative, willing to work, courteous
- Provide nursing care in accordance with nursing facility and nursing service policies and procedures.
- Promote inter- and intradepartmental relationships.
- Prepare and administer medications according to procedure and be aware of pharmacologic and therapeutic effect.
- Record nursing information on resident's nursing care plans and clinical records, including nursing notes, graphic sheets, medication and treatment records; transcribe physician's orders.
- Observe, report, and record resident reaction to drugs, tests, treatments, and therapeutic measures.
- Participate in the staff development program.
- Assist with the orientation and training of personnel.
- Participate in formal and informal staff development in-service programs, workshops, institutes, and conferences.
- Inform charge nurse of departmental activities and condition of each resident.
- Assume responsibility for residents assigned to his/her care, including regular bed checks to insure that no resident is left unattended or permitted to wander from the premises and insure that resident call lights are answered promptly.
- Report incidents of suspected resident abuse immediately.
- Responsible for supervision of nursing assistants working with him/her.
NOTE: Cannot participate in the administration of investigational drugs, cancer therapeutic drugs, I V: push medications, blood and blood products, hyperalimentation solutions.
Lifting, sitting, standing, transporting, turning, bending, etc.
WORK AREA AND ENVIRONMENT
Nursing stations, drug rooms, supply areas, resident rooms, offices and other areas in the facility.
SAFETY SENSITIVE POSITION
This position involves working with confidential information, controlled substances and medicine. This position may also require the performance of life-threatening procedures. A lapse of attention in the performance of this position’s duties could result in injury, illness or death.
I have carefully read, understand, and accept the job description, including the-qualifications and requirements of the position of LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE/LICENSED VOCATIONAL NURSE, and, if employed, I certify that I can and will perform the essential functions of the position. I understand Universal Precautions Risk Classification Categories may apply to this position and I may be exposed to AIDS, HIV, and hepatitis B viruses. I further understand this facility is of an "at will" nature, which means that I may resign at any time and may be discharged at any time with or without cause.
Signature of Employee Date
Signature of Supervisor Date
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Byram, MS 39272: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location