- Microsoft Word
- Computer Skills
- Event Planning
Please make sure to read the job posting in its entirety as it reflects both the University roles and responsibilities, followed by the specific description.
2330401 Chgo Ctr Contemporary Theory
About the Unit
Administration & Management
Responsible for planning, directing, coordinating and managing daily operations individual organization units, clinical research facilities, centers or academic departments. Responsibilities are diverse and general in nature and may reflect more than one functional area.
Career Track and Job Level
Provides various office and location support activities. Identifies, enhances, and follows specific processes and procedures to maximize the efficiencies of the University to which the support is being provided; ensures the correct functioning of facilities, office and/or business support services. Note that B5 job level is restricted to direct support of an Officer or Dean.
B3: Has developed specialized skills or is multi-skilled developed through job-related training and considerable on-the-job experience. Completes work with a limited degree of supervision. Likely to act as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience.
The job provides specialized business support for routine office and location support activities. Identifies, enhances, and follows specific processes and procedures to maximize the efficiencies for which the support is being provided by working autonomously within established procedures and practices. Ensures the correct functioning of facilities, office and/or business support services.
1) Provides administrative support for a leader. Stays informed of activities relating to programs and initiatives, apprising the leader of issues when deemed necessary. Coordinates information flow from leader's office ., 2) May initiate correspondence and other written materials under own signature or for signature of the leader. Triages emails and telephone calls for action. Resolves a combination of some routine and complex inquiries., 3) Prepare special reports and summaries, assists in managing daily operation of the office, and may assist in developing administrative goals and policies. Maintains the leader's calendar., 4) Coordinates special projects as directed by the leader. Prepares write ups for recommendations for operational and administrative problems. Manages a portion of the leader's budget, monitoring and reconciling accounts. Prepares financial and/or administrative reports., 5) Performs other related work as needed.
The purpose of this role is to provide program and administrative support to the Directors and Assistant Director of 3CT.
1) Assisting with the planning and execution of public events, including arranging travel, booking hotel rooms and event spaces; overseeing catering, and processing payments and reimbursements.
2) Assisting with 3CT’s digital outreach and communications (maintain and update website; update social media, etc.).
3) Assisting with financial processes, management and planning.
4) Assisting with maintenance of building and office equipment.
5) Assisting with scheduling meetings and center events.
6) Assisting with hiring, payroll management and supervision of student employees.
1) Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide array of populations (senior faculty, university staff, and students).
2) Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel are essential; experience with email distribution software (such as MailChimp), social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram),
and website administration.
3) Able and willing to work a flexible schedule (evening and weekend hours are sometimes required depending on program needs).
4) Able to work independently on his/her own initiative as well as take direction.
5) Able to handle sensitive information with discretion.
6) Able to prioritize tasks and projects.
7) Able to recall and meet deadlines.
8) Knowledge of university systems (ePayments, GEMS, CBORD, etc.).
1) This position includes occasional evening and weekend hours.
Education, Experience, and Certifications
Minimum requirements include vocational training, apprenticeships or the equivalent experience in related field (not typically required to have a four-year degree).
Minimum requirements include knowledge and skills developed through 5-7 years of work experience in a related job discipline.
1) Bachelor’s degree or three years relevant experience.
1) A minimum of three years administrative experience.
2) A minimum of two years experience with event planning.
3) A minimum of two years experience with financial management.
4) Experience working with academic programming.
5) Experience working with digital outreach and communication.
2) Cover letter
3) 3 professional references
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
Depends on Qualifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Drug Test Required
Health Screen Required
Motor Vehicle Record Inquiry Required
Remove from Posting On or Before