The Courier Driver, Distribution Logistics is responsible for transporting time sensitive reports, documents and other materials to our home delivery distribution centers (depots). This position will also make a variety of special deliveries as needed.
Essential Duties & Functions
- Responsible for compliance and knowledge with Federal Department of Transportation regulation and other safety standards.
- Perform a variety of driving duties including printed and other materials to our distribution centers (depots), the pickup and delivery of preprints, racks and other special assignments as needed.
- Assist the department in maintain a safe and compliant CMV fleet.
- Operate trucks in accordance with established safety policies, procedures and guidelines
- Ensure load accuracy
- Unload & deliver product accurately and in accordance with established delivery guidelines
- Understand & follow delivery run sheets, loading manifests, and other delivery documents
- Complete daily Driver Vehicle Condition Report (DVCR)
- Maintain a clean & orderly work environment according to established policies & procedures
- Ability to read and understand maps and delivery lists
- Ability to work efficiently
Essential Job Knowledge & Skills
- Skilled at driving safely in all weather conditions
- Strong knowledge of United States Postal Service procedures.
- Skilled at driving a commercial motor vehicle in all weather conditions.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and verbal & written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and follow through on projects with a minimum of specific instruction; ability to manage multiple priorities in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Clean and valid NY State driver’s license. Class A commercial driver’s license (CDL) a plus.
- Valid NY State DOT medical card if applicable.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds in a repetitive manner.
- The base hourly rate range for this role is $20.00 to $20.50.
Newsday Media Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and incumbents are selected, placed, trained, compensated and promoted without regard to actual or perceived sex, race, color, age, national origin, citizenship, marital or domestic partner status, military/veteran status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity or expression, religion or religious creed, ancestry, physical or mental disability or handicap, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition, Newsday Media Group provides a reasonable accommodation for applicants/incumbents with disabilities. Please advise Human Resources if you require a reasonable accommodation.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $20.00 - $20.50 per hour
Work Location: In person