Major emphasis on assisting in the design and implementation of laser machining technology into a high-precision manufacturing environment.
Develop and implement new and traditional manufacturing processes to expand manufacturing operations in process development, supplier qualification and process/capability improvement while maintaining quality and meeting product specifications. Lead, direct, and troubleshoot problems associated with manufacturing operations, ceramic manufacturing, and process engineering areas. Provide technical assistance for and/or lead process improvement/development projects. Provide cost analysis of departmental processes to determine projects for further cost reduction. Provide technical knowledge for problem solving, process troubleshooting and new part or vendor qualification projects.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Ceramic Engineering or Material Science.
- 4-7 years of experience with ceramic/ceramic composites and/or metals/metallic composites and process development (ceramic powders, slip making, pre-forming, high temperature processing of metal and/or ceramic composites etc).
- Experience using laboratory equipment such as furnaces, ovens, programmable controllers, metallographic equipment, materials characterization equipment, etc.
- Lead projects and team members involved to complete tasks and projects in a timely fashion, prepare reports, and technical summaries when applicable.
- As a part of a team or independently, set up and coordinate technical meetings on the subject matter critical to manufacturing, development, and innovation
- Working knowledge of SPC and DoE
- Understanding and experience with Verification and Validation Protocol
- Understanding of OHSA requirements in relation to a production work environment
- Experience with problem analysis and resolution
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results independently or working with others
- Ability to recommend and implement improvements
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with networked PC based computer system (MS Office, spreadsheets, access, graphics, Email, MRP systems, and accounting software)
- Use of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma principles to analyze problems associated with technical problems and provide effective solutions
- Hands on and very direct approach to problem solving
- Project Management: ability to organize and manage multiple projects through manufacturing process.
- Excellent presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to deal effectively with differences of opinion, to influence, to draw ideas from others, and to negotiate and collaborate
- Ability to handle multiple priorities involving external and internal priorities
- Ability to excel in a cross-organizational, cross cultural, global team environment
- Handle special assignments promptly and professionally
- Set a high standard of ethics, professionalism, leadership, and competency
II-VI M Cubed is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job requires that an individual come into contact with raw materials, products, equipment / machines, software or technology controlled by the Export Administration Regulations or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations. The job must be filled by a U.S. person, or a person for whom a valid export control license, or exception, has been obtained or is not required from the U.S. Government.
Job Type: Full-time
- Ceramic/Ceramic Composite Process/Development: 4 years (Required)