- Registered Vascular Technologist
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Stock Purchase Plan
Vascular Sonographer(Job Number: 00035-42902)
Work Location: United States-Virginia-Richmond-Johnston-Willis Hospital
Job Type: Clinical Techs - CV Cath Lab Surg Vasc & Central Sterile
Chippenham Hospital, a 466-bed acute care facility, is located on the Southside of Richmond, a short drive from the beautiful, outdoor Stony Point Fashion Park, offering an abundance of shops, restaurants, and even a dine-in movie theater. Chippenham Hospital is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortune’s 100, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
The Joint Commission awarded Chippenham Hospital the Gold Seal of Approval and named us a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for advanced primary stroke, heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, perinatal care, hip and knee replacement and surgical care. We are also a Certified Chest Pain Center and a Level II Trauma Center, which means we provide fast, skilled care in life’s most difficult moments.
1. Performs non-invasive peripheral vascular testing to evaluate the hemodynamics of arterial, venous and/or cerebrovascular circulation by utilizing duplex imaging, spectral waveform analysis, and plethysmography according to the Vascular Lab procedural policies.
2. Compiles reports to communicate test results to referring physicians by EMR notation and/or oral report of preliminary findings and transmittal of final evaluation.
3. Maintains lab equipment to ensure optimal functioning; inspecting for breakdown, trouble-shooting and communicating with appropriate repair persons.
4. Restocks work areas with necessary supplies. Keeps work areas clean and orderly to promote patient safety.
5. Correlates non-invasive test results with other modalities in order to maintain quality control and to establish current accuracy.
6. Utilizes appropriate communication and interpersonal skills with patients, families, physicians and staff.
7. Performs job to ensure quality care is provided within defined area of accountability.
8. Safely transports machine to patient room to perform vascular exam or transports patients to office as necessary.
9. Takes call after regular hours.
10. Assists with education and training of new staff as requested.
11. Pursues professional development to prepare for additional responsibilities and improve current job performance by participating in educational meetings, independent study and maintaining appropriate certification.
12. Initiates and documents patient teaching including family and/or significant others. Uses appropriate patient education documentation modality.
Required–Graduate of an accredited program in sonography or appropriate on-the-job training that meets the minimum requirements by ARDMS or CCI
Required – One to two years of clinical experience in vascular sonography
Required – ARDMS or CCI vascular credential obtained within one year of hire
Preferred – Registered Vascular Technologist or Registered Vascular Specialist
We offer a generous compensation package including:
Vacation, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Dental, vision, life and disability insurance, wellness resources and flexible spending accounts, along with other voluntary benefit options and programs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.