SigFig is tearing down the barriers to investing. We've raised over $100 million to support our growth as the #1 Online Investment Advisor for large Financial Institutions. Help us define the next generation of investing!
WHY THIS JOB IS IMPORTANT:
You will drive the decisions to help make our platform scale for all our current and future partners. You’ll help us platformize our code, designing and building high-impact features. You’ll help shape the future of our engineering department by leading a team, sitting on our design review board, along with coaching our junior and mid-level engineers to grow in their career. It’s not easy, but it’s an incredible opportunity for people who like technical, people and business challenges.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEBODY WITH:
- Lead a cross functional engineering team.
- Work with our product owners to build tech specs from business requirements. Drive decisions, and lead the delivery of the team’s projects.
- Build highly performant web applications on our stack (AngularJS, Typescript, Sass, Bootstrap)
- Participate in our architecture review board, ensuring we’re building the right things the right way.
- Be responsible for developer quality improvement efforts across our implementations
- Participate in our hiring process so we continue to hire the right people for our growing team.
- Work with our amazing product and design teams to develop and iterate on user interfaces that bring simplicity to complicated financial data
Successful candidates will understand the business goals of the what they build, provide insightful feedback on UI mock-ups, and implement new features with an eye towards customization and ease-of-use. The work we do here is very collaborative, so team players and an experience with fast moving projects is a big plus as well. We’re a growing company that’s moving fast, so people who can wear many hats and have an eagerness to learn new things on the fly.
FOR TECHNICAL SKILLS, WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 8 -12 years experience building web applications using modern frameworks like Angular, React, Sass, Typescript, and Bootstrap
- Proven record of hands on leadership delivering software projects
- Experience designing large, customizable features on the front end
- Stellar communication skills. Experience mentoring or managing engineers is great, as is customer facing experience
- Strong CS fundamentals (Data structures and algorithms especially)
- Familiarity with PHP, Java or Scala
- Knowledge of finance and investing is a plus
- Startup experience, or any history succeeding in an ambiguous environment is a plus
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Flexible vacation policy with uncapped time off
- Catered lunches daily and a kitchen stocked full of drinks and snacks
- Fitness subsidy
- Commuter subsidy
SigFig is dedicated to making high-quality investment advice more accessible and affordable to investors of all wealth levels. Using a combination of design, data science, and technology, SigFig helps empower investors with the information and guidance they need to achieve their personal financial goals. Through partnerships with some of the world’s largest and most innovative financial institutions, SigFig seeks to help investors and advisors better manage their investments. Its enterprise technology accelerates time to market for its partners, while doing so in a secure, scalable, and compliant way. Its product, design, and growth labs fuel innovation, accelerate adoption, and create delight for clients.
Founded in 2007, SigFig is backed by leading financial institutions including Eaton Vance, Comerica Bank, New York Life, Santander InnoVentures, and UBS, as well as top-tier venture capital firms, including Bain Capital Ventures, DCM Ventures, Nyca Partners, and Union Square Ventures. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California. Learn more at www.sigfig.com ( http://www.sigfig.com ).